Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Letting Go of Fear and Sentimental Value

27 posts in this topic

On 14/4/2022 at 4:46 PM, AndylizedAAY said:

I would agree that attachment really does create suffering and I want to fully embody that principle.

Part 2 of my response:

Running creates suffering if we do it wrong though right? Doesn’t the same resolution we have for exercise in part mirror the resolution we would have for healthy attachment? 

What is your perspective, would it be more beneficial for you to identify and heal the parts of you using some of what I said in part one, so accessing various forms of healing through this deeper kind of understanding, or would it be more beneficial to simply remove all attachment to your parents so you never have to suffer again? Is a lack of sentimentality the truth here or merely working to understand what intelligent sentimentality looks like and how we can slowly edge there?

Moreover, is a popular truth so one that is socially endorsed accurate because it is popular or accurate based on your irrefutable discernments of its accuracy?

Even if attachment creates suffering perhaps lack of any attachment can create even more suffering such as various psychological disorders that I could elaborate on a little further if you like. What do you intuit?

My purpose of course is not to point out your wrongness because I will be the first one to tell you all the ways in which I have been wrong as it concerns attachment and where I would have better served following insights that are similar, however when it comes to the truth of who we are as a species and our progress here on this earth, it is obvious to me that the answer is intelligent attachment is here to stay as it should, as it is more honest to the facts of what we need and ultimately, what makes us happy. 

If I lived on an island by myself and it was known for certain that I would never have anymore contact with humans by any stretch of the imagine ruin and that in this hypothetical reality all persons I had known up to this point were “bad” and added nothing intrinsically good to either my life satisfaction, purpose or happiness then it would be only logical for me to move on from attachment completely. However I know my parents still need me and I know there is some benefit to allowing in the love my parents have to give and allowing myself to give the love I genuinely have to them as it concerns these areas of both our lives. And not just my parents of course.

Though in this I truly believe my purpose is not to sway you one way or the other but mainly give you my take on the situation so you can make up your own mind. You have to follow your truth and you need to know that your personal truth is truly meaningful to those around you including to myself, so if you wish to share with me your own personal truth here regarding what lives deep down and what you can teach me about it I’d love to hear. 

1. What truly feels right to you as a personal truth in this subject?
  2. what positive and negative things have you learned so far about your personal truth? (As I’d genuinely love to be open minded about them)
  3. in what ways do you believe your personal truth will help you, subtract from you and by that same measure, help or take from both others and the world at large relative to what you believe best reflects your highest potential? 

@AndylizedAAY any questions you have or even any ideas you want to talk about man just holla really happy to hear.

I don’t at all want to pretend like I’m an authority here bro haha just a guy on planet earth livin and learnin aye take in that beautiful sweet life! Peace

@ll Ontology ll I edited my notebook to untrap myself and had some profound insight while doing so. It's difficult to explain in full detail but I will post it here once I remember what it was.

On 4/29/2022 at 0:56 PM, ll Ontology ll said:

What is your perspective, would it be more beneficial for you to identify and heal the parts of you using some of what I said in part one, so accessing various forms of healing through this deeper kind of understanding, or would it be more beneficial to simply remove all attachment to your parents so you never have to suffer again?

@ll Ontology ll This is how the scenario is recontectualized as a win-win scenario.