Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Principium Nexus

Being There For Someone But Explaining That You Don't Want Anything More

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I found myself in a kind of tricky situation. Online I met a girl who has a lot of similar interests as me and can have good conversations. The thing is that she just broke up in a relationship and has some psychological problems. At that time she went through a prety hard time so I was trying to be really nice to her and help her going forward from the emotional state she was in. She told me she really like me which is nice but it feels like she trying to escape from her situation, where she lives, religion, parents. I don't want to give her false hope that I love her because she might interpret my intention of helping her incorrectly. There are too many things I have to work on myself and I don't feel the same as she does.

What should I do? How do you tell this in way that is understandable and doesn't hurt someone too much. I don't know if she really can handle this. Should I feel guilty? At the moment it's taking alot of my energy but I really hope she gets better..

How many times have you met her in real life? And for how long?

Edited by aurum

I have not met her yet so thats also kind of odd. She wants to travel this summer to me, which is literally on the otherside of the globe.. I don't know how I should deal with this lol.