youngshinzen

Experts on neurotransmitters?

2 posts in this topic

As of yesterday I saw how sensitively I react to stevia and found out that the effect of it being 200x sweeter than regular sugar Leads the taste receptors to active a glutamine response in the brain which then leads to a high energy/euphoric state. It lessens my symptoms of social anxiety, sadness and overall physical and psychological heaviness immensely. But, for now it’s a high which has its low. Could there be an underlying issue of some amino acids or transmitters being out of balance, which leads to this sensitivity and symptoms of general anxiety and slight depression? 

Ive tested my amino acid levels and everything seems to be in place except for serine: It should be at a level of 90-210, my score is 326. 

On 11/04/2022 at 6:36 AM, youngshinzen said:

Could there be an underlying issue of some amino acids or transmitters being out of balance, which leads to this sensitivity and symptoms of general anxiety and slight depression? 

Yes.

But do you expect someone to tele-diagnose your micro mineral deficiencies :D? If I could do that I´d be a billionaire (or do consults from the beach only) 

But here for starters: Youre too much focused on brain chemistry, your mood is much more a result of your gut health, thyroid hormone level and purpose.

Glutamine favors excitatory activity, its literally a CNS stimulant. So your mood swings are normal, youre basically taking a drug. 

In case you had a traumatic childhood etc. (THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE JUST MY PERSONAL UNREASONABLE COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE POINT OF VIEW), I´d try some medium sized dose of clean MDMA with your friends on a sunny day with good music and see if that kicks your chemistry back into normal, away from "normal" being depressed. This is risky, you need to be healthy for this, and never ever mix with other substances or any meds. Only a crazy person would do this. 10/10 Dont recommend. Alternatively go sky diving.  Ok I should stop now lmao. 

My point is hypothetically if youre needle is calibrated on the low end it takes a big hit towards the upside, a wakey shakey, to knock it back into normal 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?