Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lisindel

Self mastery VS. Self transcendence

2 posts in this topic

I have been doing personal development work for about a year and a half. I learn about the many benefits self-mastery and a strong ego to help create the life you desire. I also learn a lot about transcending the ego. To me these seem like polar opposites. According to the IPEC Energetic Self Perception Chart, stages of self transcendence are beyond self mastery. My questions are: Would it be best to let go of self transcendence for now to pursue self mastery ? Does moving toward one, move you further away from the other? Do you need to build self mastery before you can transcend the ego? Do you need to first build a strong ego to create external success while the ego is transcended? I'm so stuck on what to believe. Lets bounce some ideas off of each other. Thanks!

Seems I'm going to post on another thread of yours :-)
I used to focus hard on techniques, try very hard to get somewhere and such, but now understand that really the only thing that matters is that I'm alligned with my own being/inner nature/soul. I would suggest to just choose whatever resonates most with you in every moment, because that's the option that is most you. In my experience that seems to mean often to just let go of things. If you by doing that, line up your actions and thoughts with what feels good to you, you'll come more and more into allignment with what you truly are, and become the most expanded version of yourself that you could be. And what is more worthwhile than that? Well, I can't think of it.. If you do things from an energy of wanting to get somewhere, you'll be practising that energy, which is pretty much the oposite of what you want. That would be practising how you don't wish to feel as a means of reaching how you do wish to feel. hmm.. 

If you go with the current of creation, if you just follow the flow, everything that is relevant for who you truly are will come to you. You don't have to make it happen, the machine works. Let it work, let it work..'
- Bashar