Someone here

Back to smoking ?

23 posts in this topic

Do more drugs to quit drugs? Seems legit.

Do it for science @Someone here

Edited by mojsterr

14 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Someone here are you still doing no-fap?

No .I fapped twice today. And I'm proud of it. 

Also smoked a bunch of cigs. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I feel you, my guy. I actually stopped smoking for one year in my final year of university. I had the realization that smoking was bringing down my energy. I have a lot of aggressive energy and I was calming myself by smoking or vaping. I didn't like that, I wanted to release my energy and use it towards something creative. But at the time I was feeling carefree, just quit my job and didn't give a f*** about anything, it was easy. Then I started smoking again when I started working again. I hate working, it brings out the worst feelings/emotions/moods in me, I become very irritable and depressive, so I started vaping again to calm myself during work, otherwise, I feel like I'm gonna lash out or quit my job in a fury. I'm still trying to find a way to quit and I'm not giving up on that idea. I'm trying to make it easy for myself by creating a good life for myself, build a purposeful career so I feel comfortable quitting. Maybe it's a cop-out but that's where I'm at right now.

The other issue I found, which is also very important, is that smoking has become part of my identity. And I feel like if I quit, I will no longer be myself. But that is easier to overcome I have found because I am also excited by change as much as I am afraid of it.

Edit: One more thing came to mind. I remember when I first quit, I was also practising gratitude and awareness. The more I became aware of my body and the more grateful I felt for being gifted this body and this life, the more I realised how disrespectful smoking is. I felt bad about hurting my body that's working so hard to keep me alive and I am putting this great burden on it, for no justifiable reason.

It's hard to repeat this and quit again when I'm feeling so depressed at this point in my life. It's hard to quit when you don't have a purpose, but I will make it and I hope you make it too, buddy. As long as we don't give up and keep trying.

Edited by Cobra