Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arman

Anyone Experienced With Pranic Breathing Or Other Methods?

2 posts in this topic

I would like to learn more about various breathing methods and their uses. In general I try to do deep yogic belly breathing and this proves useful, but I believe there are also other ways to breathe to encourage different kinds of being. I am particularly interesting in developing an understanding in how different breathing methods interact with and allow various movements and transformations of emotions or subtle energies. I think intention and presence can be very powerful, and may be synergized or leveraged with breathing techniques.

I know for example that it's useful to breathe deeply, and I know that breathing into the pelvic floor can be grounding. I know that there are some methods like breathing in for 6, holding for 6 that increase energy and wellbeing, but I would like to move into the direction of understanding why.

If you could point me in the direction of knowledge on these subjects, can add anything yourself, or have questions on the subjects that hopefully others can answer, then please share.

Thanks. 

Hello,

Maybe you could look into Yantra yoga for a start. Or hatha yoga.

Yantra yoga is linked to tibetan buddhism. According to the ancient system of tibetan medicine, the world is made of small particles with qualities of earth, fire, water and air operating in space.

Our body, also, is made of earth (bones, flesh), water (blood,bile..), air (breath), fire (heat) and space (mind).

These elements combined make for the functioning of the body.

Controlling the breathing means controlling the energies inside the body and changing the balance in the elements within the body.

But i do not know much how or why it works, unfortunately