Philipp

Impact as a value

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My Top10 value list is the following:

-          Freedom

-          Impact                                                                   

-        Creativity                                                               

-        Understanding                                                    

-        Democracy                                                          

-        Health                                                                    

-        Family                                                                    

-       Uniqueness                                                            

-      Friendship                                                           

-       Nature

And I don't know really what to do about that impact value. In some sense it seems to contain my entire purpose by itself, but then I wonder what I to do with the other values. And as you can see it is not even really my top 1 value, so that makes it even harder to judge what to do with it.

Does anyone of you had the value 'impact' or the value 'purpose', 'contribution' and what did you do with it? Did you treat it like an ordinary value or did you see it more as a gateway to your purpose? Any input on the subject is appreciated!

Yes, Contribution / Impact is one of my top values and I combined them. You could even combine Significance, although I had Excellence/Significance separately.

For Values Pass 5 my definition of Contribution / Impact is:

• Having my name and ideas be known
  • Mentioned in books and articles
  • My ideas or inventions being used a generation from now or built upon
  • Making existing products better than anything else that's been done and building upon them

I see it as a less toxic alternative to seeking fame/celebrity/recognition/reputation/prestige

I treat it as a must-have when filtering out whether a particular activity could be a life purpose or not. It helps prevent me from picking something overly niche that will only help a handful of people.

I use it to determine the overall scale of my life purpose.

You could interpret it differently. If your life purpose is to be a great parent, then you can have a massive impact on just one or two children. If you interpret it that way, then it's about how profoundly you change someone's life. But personally I'm looking to have impact on a societal/cultural level.