Mh1781

How can I be a solipcist when many other people think solipsism is the case?

9 posts in this topic

I assume the answer would be that I'm imagining all these people thinking they're solipcist and I'm the only one.

I have to assume that I as God am actively deceiving my human self into thinking there are others who think they are aware. Now I'm not denying the possibility of this, but if I told you guys I'm the only one who's aware you guys would basically have to call me a liar because I know it's not true or I have to assume you guys are lying. Why should I assume anyone is lying when they're literally what brought me into even considering this possibility? I have been conscious as the only one existing, but I just see no way of being conscious other than my own consciousness no matter how deep I go. Could solipsism be true? Maybe. but I see no reason it has to be true. On a separate note, I genuinely dont understand why Leo is telling me why I'm the only one he exists when he believes he's the only awareness that exists. It's strange 

You're talking to me as if you were my own imaginary avatar and not a subject that is currently experiencing its own unique qualia. Let's be honest if you believe that only your qualia exists in this moment right now then I'm a figment of your imagination. Do you not believe me when I say that I am experiencing qualia similar to what you do right now? Or do you think that I'm part of your story and my qualia isn't real?

Edited by Mh1781

It's just being terribly described, and maybe even on purpose, an inflammatory buzzword is being used.

istockphoto-1130155634-1024x1024.jpg

Nobody looking in a mirror thinks the image in the mirror has awareness inside of its head. It's just an image. Of course it is nowhere in the image, it is back here.

Look at other people. It is the same. Awareness is not living inside the image of their human body. That is just an image. It's back here.

Also true of animals, aliens, anywhere where there is experience, the awareness is never residing inside of the image of the being... Now you get it.

The life of another person could be considered something like an event you took part in but don't remember. If you see photos of you as a very young toddler, where you can see you were present for a specific event and thus KNOW you experienced it, even though you have no memory of it... For what possible reason does that not also apply to the experiences of other living beings?

Minimizing belief does not necessarily get you the right one. It is definitely the simplist I'll admit. And you're wrong BTW ?. Im more inclined to believe that God fragments itself into multiple personalities like what Bernardo kastrup says. We all come from the same essence so you'll still experience oneness on shrooms, but when you go back to your own human reality you're separated from the other fragments. God's infinite why can't it block off itself like a multiple personality disorder?

@Mh1781 let me ask you this-

If it REALLY SEEMED TO YOU that you were on fire, like you could feel the burning, and see the flames, and experience your skin blistering, would it matter to you if you weren't 'really' on fire?  

If it REALLY SEEMS like there are others, does it really matter if that's not actually the case?  

Like, if you can't tell the difference.. is there any difference? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle I believe consciousness is the foundation of reality because of the hard problem of consciousness, but if God is deceiving itself, what if it's deceiving itself that it can't split off into multiple personalities made of its essence?

@Mh1781 do you think 'God' can have the singular experience of having multiple experiences?

'Foundation of reality' is dualistic language, which implies 'a reality' AND a 'foundation of reality' which exists 'separate from reality'. 

Consciousness IS reality.  Reality is REAL only because it seems that way. You are reality.  I think (seem to be) therefor I am. 

Seeming to Be and Being are the same thing.   There isn't really any 'imagining' separate from 'what is being imagined'.. they are the same thing. 

@Mason Riggle it's not necessarily dualistic because I'm not claiming there's anything other than consciousness. Leo at least seems to believe thay God is limiting its own access to truth to pretend to be a human. Why not multiple humans?

@Mh1781 God is 'pretending' it's not Everything/Nothing so it can seem like Something.  God is pretending to be me and you.  When Leo says, 'you are imagining others to keep yourself asleep' what is really meant is "God is imagining all of this so that it can seem like something, rather than Everything/Nothing, which doesn't seem like anything. 

Let's say you go to sleep tonight and have a very vivid dream where you are at a party talking to some people.. within this dream, you start to recognize that maybe you are dreaming.. is the 'you who is talking to the other people in your dream and recognizing the dream' the one who is dreaming?  

While you are dreaming (while God is pretending not to be God), even if the dream seems like lots of different people and things.. it's just the one dream.  

Edited by Mason Riggle