Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfingthewave

Moving into Presence

10 posts in this topic

So the last six months has been quite a journey. I've experienced spiritual, emotional, creative, professional and psychological burn out. This left me physically exhausted and time for a restart. 

Where I entered from there was Presence. I let go of a lot of heavy stuff. Heavy patterns of destructive behaviours mainly people pleasing, perfectionism, seeking and resistance. 

I have become somewhat dazed and confused because my old identities no longer serve who I am or who I want to be. 

Meditation continues to be my guide. Yoga my path. Presence is my bliss. Destination? Unknown. 

Starting again 

Something Rupert Spira said recently has stuck with me. You are not the see-er but the seeing.

We are ultimately what is being played out, it's up to your perspective, baggage and being-ness (or lack of) that will determine whether it is good, bad or anything else. 

When you let go of all the stuff that has defined you as a person, what kind of person does that leave you? 

Starting again has been interesting. I'm trying out different hats, and seeing if it suits. Managing post covid fatigue and pandemic fatigue has also been part of my new wellbeing routine. 

- Not caring what people think 

- Radical self care

- Taking action 

- Allowing the path to guide me

- Knowing it's all connected 

- Having more fun 

- Being at one with Nature & Art

I've also started my regular art practice again, and have a refreshingly new approach to my creativity. Every day create. Rather than trying to fulfill a number of hours. It's working so far. 

Here's to a new beginning. 

Recovery 

My recovery from burnout has not been an easy path. Talking therapies helped, as did time out from work and travel. Eating good food, reading good books, massage and quitting alcohol has been important . My bodies energies were out of sorts. I now have time in the day to just rest. 

I see how pushing yourself too hard can be detrimental. We can get stuck in routines, fatigued by life,  social media, chasing. Entrenched in the "success" culture. 

Seeing things as they are and experiencing them fully as they appear in consciousness, prior to judgment is my new mantra. Alchemy. Faith. Trust. Beauty. Nature. 

My big blocks were overworking, people pleasing and perfectionism.

My new goal is to experience Presence in all it's forms. 

Images have come into my mind of faces I will paint. Shifting identity, sexuality, gender. Who are we, really? 

I celebrated today my recovery out of uncertain darkness and into certain light. I feel myself being lifted by an incredible force within me. This force I know is Presence. Presence is here, now. Breathe and you will feel it. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Self improvement

Self improvement has had it's day. Sorry Tony Robbins but it's all a bit exhausting and not realistic. Accepting the self and everything that you are is where we're at now. I don't need to do a firewalk, jump up and down while punching the air before everything I do or have intensive life coaching, I just need to realise I am enough. 

Yes goals are good and examining your life to look at what needs to change, what needs to be taken out and what needs to be added is worthwhile. 

My advice is before you get on the self improvement multimillion pound bandwagon, realise you are enough. 

We're moving into prioritising Self care. Caring rather than the constant need to improve. Supporting and loving rather than excessively chasing. 

I'm increasing my time to rest, restore, exercise, meditate. My bodies energies need to continue to find equilibrium but I'm getting there. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Practising Presence 

Presence is right here, right now. It is a shining light there ready to support you, guide you. Where is the mind right now? 

Re- examining my diet due to physical illness. We under-estimate the power of what we put into our bodies. Also re-examining my goals and making them more realistic. I'm aiming for the simpler life, less quantity of demands more quality of activities. Shorter bursts of the things that bring me joy. 

Still managing post covid symptoms but this is part of lifestyle re-boot. 

Going back to previous entry notes about Presence - or the Meta Power as Chopra calls it. The illusion (thought, feelings etc)  gets in the way of us accessing this power. It's having a practice but also dropping the stuff which create the illusion. I've had fun recently laughing at some of the stuff mind comes up with. 

Practices:

Daily self care activities (from different list) 

Yoga, meditation, journalling, creative practices, affirmations, visualisations

Dropping:

Screen time (small and big) 

Bad diet choices 

Overthinking 

Alcohol, excessive caffeine 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Sharp focus

Suddenly lots of things have come into sharp focus. The definition of madness: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I can see things really clearly all of a sudden and I feel strong. Things out of my control are no longer an issue. 

For many months my avoidant nature became the better of me as I sunk into a pit of repetitive over-thinking. But also I needed the rest. What has got me out this? Meditation, Yoga Exercise, Sleep, Diet. 

Presence doesn't judge. Presence gives you the present. The present is a gift that keeps on giving. Every moment has potential. What can you decide this moment? That you have infinite potential just like this moment. 

Kindness is free, easy and unlimited. Be kind to yourself and others. 

@Surfingthewave What reflections do you have about presence? :) I'd love to hear them if you'd care to share :) . For my meditation by the way I do wim hof, that gets me present more than anything else I have tried xD

@Esilda Yes the wim hof method seems to be a good one for some. 

Presence is right here, we just spend a lot of our time dwelling and ruminating over the past and future. The secret is, we have no control over this, we think we do. 

Rather than letting go, it's more of a becoming. We become being. Without judgement. There is no doing involved, practices can help you access it - such as meditation - as it can be difficult to access via thought. Letting go helped me with this. There are various methods it's about finding the right one for you. 

HELLLO thank you for responding nice to meet you :)!

What I find the wimhof helps with me most is stillness! Especially during the breath release and the hold!

We're just... HERE! Then voila... right? Awareness, thought, intuition everything else follows :) 

If you wanted to... discuss... let me know.... Have a great day :) .

Edited by Esilda

Grief and Nature

Mixed feelings of grief can emerge from nowhere - triggers are unexpected, lurking in the dark ready to appear when you least expect it. 

My self care journey has been a good one so far - this week I have kick started an old hobby which has really helped connect with Nature and ultimately Presence. Perfectionism and overworking is hard to shake - however I've the insight to know when I get these feelings and how important rest is. 

"Adopt the pace of Nature. Her secret is patience." Ralf Waldo Emerson