Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Book Recommendation: Opening The Dragon Gate

2 posts in this topic

Opening The Dragon Gate

This is an amazing book for people looking to learn what it takes to go really far into spirituality. It doesn't address psychedelics but from what I have read so far you will find it inspiring and eye opening to the risks, challenges and rewards that deep practice can bring. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I especially like how the young sage goes through a lot of ups and downs as he confronts "dying" at 17. His depression and short term 'madness' etc I saw in myself, and others who pursue awakening.

I also enjoy how epic his meditations, the process and steps of purification and cultivation he embarks on and the sheer grit and wisdom this young person has.

Very good book to inspire you to do spiritual work and also some of the challenges that can arise. 

The three taoist wizards who are training him: The wizard of Emptiness, Pure Serenity and Infinity is their title/ attainments. They are passing along their wisdom to the next hold of the Dragon Gate Lineage.. The 18th person to be handed this wisdom.

I like also how he does these intense meditations, and also linking to Qigong and other taoist inner alchemy practices. I found it very inspiring. For me meditation, Qigong, etc are really crucial for my spiritual work. Increasing my awareness, improving my circulation of Qi, mindfulness, etc are really important aspects of my path and pursuits.

I love Leos work for more the awakening side of thing but I think taoism has a lot to offer my relative existence and spirituality. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"