PureExp

Cessation Of Mind

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

When you work for long hours, your journey towards meditation becomes very long and difficult. Don't expect noticeable quick results with this kind of life style. Change your attitude towards work, transform all work into a play. Don't let work become your only life. Play should remain your life, your center of life. Work should be as a means towards play. 

I'm with you on this Prabhaker. Do you know what, my whole life has been a meditation. I'm very lucky in this regard. Although I work long hours it's interspersed with lots of both thinking and meditation. I am also lucky in that I do what I want for work and I work from home, and it's mostly with my hands too, creative. Although I sound like a workaholic in my posts and there is some of that there, because I run the business so I have to take it seriously, but there's lots of play time right there in it.  (I'm supposed to be working right now)

I actually don't mean to sound frustrated with my progress, quite the opposite. I guess really it's a question, "am I on the right track", like the little boy that constantly pulls on his mothers apron, "mummy look at this, is this ok?", and there's that going on here too.

In fact to come out of my "who am I?" experience the other day and feel energy emanating up from the seat of my pelvis through the spine and in a kind of confused moment thought, "I've never felt that before", and low and behold, you guys talk about it all the time on here. It's amazing.