Philipp

What work suit best to ADHD

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I recently developed ADHD symptoms, they may get better, but to some extant they were already there my whole life, I just did not realize it. 

What work was the best and what work was the worst for you?

Does programming work well? talking to people? Artistic work? Self organised work OR is it helpful to have someone who holds one accountable (aka boss)? 

Any insights on what ADHD has meant for you in the workplace is appreciated!

Choose work that resonates with you on a deeper feeling level. It is highly personal. Not 2 types of people are the same, nor are 2 people with ADHD the same. So it is individual for everyone. But in general, ADHD or no ADHD, you want to find something that gives you enjoyment and heightened connection to the present moment. You can even choose a job from a more goal orientated mindset, as long as you value it deeply. 

If you got those things right, you will most likely do well and even excel at that thing.

in ADHD, where parts of your brain are underproducing certain neurochemicals, you want to put yourself in a psychological environment where the environment serves as a support structure for your brain. The right internal and external environment will create self-reliance where focus exists more easily. And you create that internal and external environment through choosing the right things for you.