Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jed Haldir

Interlocked fingers confusion (Kriya position)

3 posts in this topic

In the J.C. Stevens book it says I should intertwine my fingers and rest them in my lap, and also have the palms facing down? How exactly is this accomplished without straining and being in an awkward position? If the hands are clasped with fingers interlocked and I sit in crosslegged with a pillow under and heel on the perenium, the natural positions of the arms and hands are such that the knuckles are pointing forward and the tumbs are on top, in other words the palms are pointing sideways (even slightly upward).

Well?

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. ?

Just place the palms as if you would be doing a christian prayer. Don't get too hung up on these details.

Most fundamentally, this Kriya is about a straight spine and spinal breathing. These details are secondary. Listening how the body feels and reacts will guide you. Be clear with your intention as to why you're practicing, the guru is present.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Jed Haldir even though it's not exacly palming down, many suggest atleast to interwine the fingers outwards.
i don't think it's an imprtant detail, so try and see if it helps your practice.

Lahiri-Mahasaya-2.png