Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baum

Blood Analysis Question

9 posts in this topic

elevated BASO  2 %, elevated BASABS  0.11 GPt\L. everything else is dandy.

what could it mean? no allergies known. organs fine.

If everything else is dandy and you dont experience any symptoms at all, this is a normal finding.
Slight aberrations from the norm are completely physiological. Forget about it. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 minutes ago, undeather said:

If everything else is dandy and you dont experience any symptoms at all, this is a normal finding.
Slight aberrations from the norm are completely physiological. Forget about it. 

What if i had some chronic infection, would that be reflected here?

51 minutes ago, Baum said:

What if i had some chronic infection, would that be reflected here?

The diagnostic reference levels are calculated averages and not precise limits of normality. Your body is in a dynamic interplay with your environment, each parameter in your blood changes from one minute to another. Also, the methods of measurement & analysis are far from perfect. 

There is a saying in medicine which goes like:"You are either sick or not screened enough" 
Said differently, if we would run every diagnostic test imaginable, you would get a "positive" result in some of them, without actually being sick in any way or form. 

So no, I highly doubt you have a chronic infection - which usually would be reflected in more than your basophiles (which are ALMOST normal to begin with). 
If you still are uncertain abou it, repeat the test in 6 months. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

10 minutes ago, undeather said:

The diagnostic reference levels are calculated averages and not precise limits of normality. Your body is in a dynamic interplay with your environment, each parameter in your blood changes from one minute to another. Also, the methods of measurement & analysis are far from perfect. 

There is a saying in medicine which goes like:"You are either sick or not screened enough" 
Said differently, if we would run every diagnostic test imaginable, you would get a "positive" result in some of them, without being sick. 

So no, I highly doubt you have a chronic infection - which usually would be reflected in more than your basophiles (which are ALMOST normal). 
If you still are uncertain abou it, repeat the test in 6 months. 

oh right, in another i had elevated IgG and i do have complications. I don't have HIV though.

But anyway, i was just asking in general for possible meanings, not going paranoid.

but, oh well. thanks anyway.

Edited by Baum

1 hour ago, Baum said:

i had elevated IgG and i do have complications. I don't have HIV though

and that is why you should never google what elevation of single marker means because eventually, you'll either reach a point where you've either diagnosed yourself with cancer or other terminal illness. Elevation of single marker does not usually mean anything 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

and that is why you should never google what elevation of single marker means because eventually, you'll either reach a point where you've either diagnosed yourself with cancer or other terminal illness. Elevation of single marker does not usually mean anything 

that's just fearful thinking.

oh right, in another i had elevated IgG and i do have complications. I don't have HIV though.

Well, it could also be Kuru.

- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 minutes ago, undeather said:

Well, it could also be Kuru.

hm, i dunno.. that's just lame.

Edited by Baum