Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

The fear of losing "my" mind

3 posts in this topic

That's always my biggest fear with psychedelics.

The fear of losing my shit and not coming back in a bad way.

And i do have an anxiety disorder and when i don't sleep can get real paranoid (sometimes not at all though)

Also my mother had a psychotic break when she was young, she thought that WW3 will break out, she saw signs everywhere and wanted to protect her friends and then she got put in a mental ward for a bit. I don't think hers was psychedelic induced though.

But i'm in my mid 30s now and generally most schizophrenia is diagnosed in people in their 20s.

Do other people have this fear and got over it somehow?

Might be best to explore psychedelics after you take care of your emotional baggage and past traumas. You always run the risk of mis-interpreting a trip if you do it in reverse .. this is where bad trips come from.

Psychedelics may amplify the negative emotions which you have not released. I would start with more conservative means such as therapy, counseling, EMDR, meditation, etc. When you are in a natural, healthy emotional state .. then that would be a good time to experiment with psychedelics.

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

I would start with more conservative means such as therapy, counseling, meditation, etc.

i did try therapy, wasn't for me thus far. Just yesterday i was reading something about EMDR and that looks interesting and worth to try also rTMS looks interesting imo.

Also i might have or might not have experimented with some psychedelics, but i might have always this fear on the come up. Or i might not :) thus far nothing bad might have happened though.