metamorphose

Feeling Out Of Place / Not Really Belonging

3 posts in this topic

Hey there,

just watched Leo's video "40 signs that you are neurotic" and did the assignment . I wrote down my top 5 neurosis and their root cause. What I discovered is that they all can be traced back to the feeling of not really belonging to anyone or anything and feeling somehow out of place. I don't conciously experience this feeling but after some contemplation I can clearly see that this is the root cause of my top 5 neurosis.

However, I don't really know how to "fix" this. Of course, strenghtening my confidence will help but do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

Work on developing your "base needs" such as friends, support. Maybe go to a therapist. Work on the health of your body, joining a yoga class could at the same time make you some new friends.

Basically you're working on making your brain "see" that you are fully supported, mentally, emotionally, physically

If you feel particularly out of place because you don't have a relationship,  work on that, too little ffiends?  Then work in that area

Thanks! The thing is, I have a lot (not too many but not too little) friends. With some of them I share a very deep, unique relationship. I can talk to them about everything and feel fully supported. I don't have a romantic relationship tho, but don't really feel as if I even would want to have one.

I feel as if the feeling of being out of place lays much deeper. I guess it has a lot to do with my childhood. I have been adopted and moved to another country at a young age where nobody would understand my language.

@metamorphose i had this problem. i solved it by making the zen practice my foundation, my belonging and my place.

now everything i do is an instant of practice.

unborn Truth