jakub_friso

My Vision For Life Purpose - Maybe Inspiration For You?

1 post in this topic

Hello, guys, I know many of you (including me) are very confused with the paradox of turning inwards and also being able to turn outwards...

This issue came to me also when I tried to seek motivation and vision why I should be finding my life purpose.

I think I now have a more clear picture about this issue and had created a great vision for myself,

I thought I could post it to help the others if they have a moment of confusion with this paradox and also to hear from you what do you think about my thoughts about it and my vision overall.

Thank you for your opinions and hope these words will help you somehow.

This is what I had come up with - I tried to be as honest as possible.

Yes, I did get caught up in a development of my inner world - mastering my mind.

But, meanwhile, I started to abandon outer world as a field of distracting stimuli - having a picture of the ideal man that is absolutely self-reliant and being able to live with his mind alone in a black box with few holes for air.

And suddenly, I didn't have the motivation to continue on my search of life purpose because it was the opposite of what I did most of the day - turning inward.

I now had to turn outward and seek what there can spark a great joy in me - and that is a bad thing, right?

Happiness is found inside they say... and now I'm seeking it outside?

If I learned one thing in life - is that when you have two opposite poles, the best way for you is to go the middle way.

Yes, most happiness comes from inner work and growth, but you shouldn't abandon the outer world also.

Outer reality is just another field of opportunities, another lemon to squeeze, with sources of real, lifelong joy for you - genuine, congruent work being one of them.

Work, meaning an external activity that is aligned with your internal world, being the mind and the body.

Anxiety, fear, social pressure, pride, desire for success, status or wealth - these were the motivations that I didn't want to drive me.

Of course, you can find your life purpose even with this fire under you, but how will be the journey? And how authentic and self-reliant are your motivations?

I wanted authentic love, passion, and interest to be my boat for an explorer.

I believe that man should and can be guided by authentic, intrinsic, positive motivations - for his road to being pleasant, and for his fuel to be ever present.

I believe that man can deeply, honestly desire and love some activity outside of himself - even if he was the last being on Earth, without any external factors playing on his strings.

Yes, seek happiness and joy inward.

But with right sources and vision - why not outward also?

There, genuine and long lasting joy can also be found.

A congruence with your inner world and outer world is the cause in terms of work.

I don't think seeking some external stimuli is inherently bad.

Being a hamster in a wheel seeking external stimuli is bad - not being able to enjoy the reality of what it is, enjoy the moment of now - always chasing goal after a goal as being the main focus of activity.

I think loving your work and being very congruent about it will make you quite opposite - being able to enjoy the journey, the activity itself and seeking goal only as a guidance, living the ride of life.

I believe that having a life purpose in an external world with your actions aligned with your mind - is just an another piece of joy in life that you shouldn't be missing on.