Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fleetinglife

Doubts that a Government Agency is Monitoring my Online Activity. Solutions?

3 posts in this topic

I just wrote several critical Twitter comments via an Anon profile emotionally triggered regarding the celebration of the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Srpska entity within the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, calling out the illegal and worrisome secessionist behavior displayed on the official military parade in Banja Luka with Serbian state and republic flags being waved there instead of only the standard tricolor Republic of Srpska entity ones and the seeming striking parallels with German fascist 20th-century ideology of the citizens of that entity being treated and behaving the same as the Volksdeutsche with their waving of Republic of Serbia state flags and being redefined in the same fashion as the German Nazi state-defined all Germans living outside of Germany without German citizenship as being ,,culturally, spiritually and ethnically German" - Volksdeutsche (Nazi term coined in 1938 by Hitler) instead of up until then defined Auslandsdeutsche (''Germans abroad'')  - and therefore eligible for becoming German citizens and becoming part of the new German Reich - the Volksgemeinschaft established across German borders (in the case of the Serbian government propaganda in the media that's reffered inconspiciously with a seemingly neutral branding attempt of a dangerous, poisonus thought terminating cliche of an ideological construction ('Verbemittel' as the Germans called it) to as ''the Serbian World'' or the ''serbische Welt'') - and the Serbian state in the Republic of Serbia is now approaching in the similar fashion to these Bosnian Serbs in Federal Bosnia as almost not yet explicitly defining them as - Volksserbische in Bosnia and elsewhere - but agatiting on that basis of it being their true homeland and mother state for their violent secession and unification with the Republic of Serbia - these things are not explicitly advocated and forced but floated around as ideas oftenly in the media explicitly or implicitly by the Bosniak Serb leadership or Serbian leadership here until the time is right for forwarding them into a plan and the moment for their execution. 

I deleted those comments on a news portal where I got the news of the events that took place on the anniversary afterward in act one can say of cautious self-censorship when I am not ready yet to engage with people openly with this in public with well-refined arguments and intellectual clarity and also because I didn't want to pick a fight with some closeminded rando who would find me forwarding parallels to such a proposition outrageous and would proceed to do ethnic gatekeeping and ethnic purity tests and questioning my loyalty to ''my'' country and state (the same indistinguishable thing in these people's critically unquestioning and taken for granted minds when they use the same monolithic term state in their everyday discourse and conversation) for me holding such an opinion and views about these upcoming and development of events, needless to say afterward an hour after that Avast Anti-Virus Program issues me a warning that my internet IP is vulnerable to being watched and data collected from it by government agencies since I don't have a VPN program installed.

So I am wondering if I can ask am I being too paranoid about this and if Avast somehow noticed that I deleted the comment so it on that basis recommended the VPN to me as a part of a marketing ploy or is there real suspicion when I wrote something like that, that a government agency can track my IP, data and my location in Belgrade, as Avast warned me that it was vulnerable to outside exposure and that I should get a VPN deal via Avast and get that PayPal account with my Bank via my debit credit card so I can pay for the monthly fees of the maintenance that service up and running together with the fees of maintaining my foreign debit Credit Card and PayPal account since its worth the monthly cost if it ensures the protection of the privacy that my IP and that isn't being monitored or tracked to protect the privacy of my IP location if I want to freely comment my opinions and comments online on some websites without the risk of being tracked by some agency.

Thanks for anyone for the energy in giving me advice on resolving this possible issue and what should I take into account when considering this decision for getting a VPN and covering the monthly fees of its yearly subscriptions! Much appreciated!

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

Recu ti sta znam :D

Avast didn't notice shit, no individual at Avast or your government's intelligence agency is looking at your IP, data or location on their computer plotting something because you wrote a comment on the internet, that's the good news! (Its simply because there is too much people on planet earth, nobody cares about you or who you are as long as you're not a threat to them or a criminal). but "they" have enough data on you that they could probably write an entire book about you, not just your government but other governments also have shit loads of data on you... even if you never entered their country, especially the US.

And this is not a conspiracy, I mean... at this point everybody should know that government surveillance is a real thing, the US created dozens of programs that keep track of everyone on the internet, and rented them out to other countries (Prism & XKeyscore are the one's I'm aware of)

Prism:
https://www.google.com/search?q=prism+nsa&oq=prism+NSA&aqs=chrome.0.0i512l2j0i22i30l8.3951j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Xkeyscore
https://www.google.com/search?q=xkeyscore&oq=XKEYSCORE&aqs=chrome.0.0i512l10.6606j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Apple "They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone." side note: There definitely is a backdoor in all Apple's devices, or something that serves the same purpose.
https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

About Avast and what you can do: well first of all... Avast is BS, all Anti-viruses are total bullshit. If you get a virus on your windows machine... just reinstall windows... it doesn't cost you anything because windows is free, and not to mention Avast's VPN logs and stores your data that the government can access any day. OR EVEN BETTER! run Linux instead of windows, and if you want to protect your internet data from the Government/Your Internet service provider, Run TOR instead of chrome/firefox/edge, but its going to be slower, way slower.

If you care about your privacy I would urge to listen to Edward Snowden on YT and read his book "Permanent Record" - watch his 2 JRE podcasts
and if you want to know EVEN MORE ABOUT Privacy you can study something criminals and government's study called OPSEC. Just be aware of the great scale, the better your privacy, the less convenient your everyday life is going to be, vice verse. And be happy you don't live in China, where surveillance is also on the street, people and cameras monitoring you everyday. I know you didn't ask for a privacy course, but hey... that's what you got because I felt like it.

so no you shouldn't get a vpn, matter fact you shouldn't even get Linux or TOR, I think its simply too inconvenient and most people just switch back to windows/chrome, you are not on anyone's kill list... there is nothing to worry about.