Alex K

Flow State With Awareness

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if one is constantly aware or has a random awareness timer, the flow state seems not possible or would be interrupted. How can we work around this?

I'm asking this practically because I as a programmer work often with undeterministically occuring flows and I've installed randomly intervalled gong app to get me back to awareness 10 times a day.

My aim is getting as close as possible to constant awareness.

Edited by Alex K

In my own experience, I've felt what you're describing here. Sometimes when I'm writing, I have a brief moment of higher awareness about what I'm doing. It's difficult to explain but it's like looking at your activity from an external perspective while still staying in motion and not losing your thought. Whenever I get to this point, I try to get back into my groove because I do my best work in flow. But at the same time, it can't be said that I lose awareness of what I'm doing when in flow. It's like a transition or a projection wherein you shift in between being aware and in the zone constantly. 

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

I've had this a few times, each time it stopped it was because of the ego wanting to regain control. Also, having an app that reminds you 10 times a day seems a little neurotic and forced. When it has happened to me it happened naturally and without trying to force it. Trying to force a flow state just makes it harder in my experience.

@AxelK app forces to exercise awareness, flow ofcourse should not be forced.

Ego always persists I think, so ego problems would always be the case. For me ego does not stop the flow usually though.

Edited by Alex K