ULFBERHT

Life Purpose Course Question

8 posts in this topic

I'm 2/3rds of the way through this damned thing. I'm loving it, but I'm also getting sick of fretting over it because I've been working on it for months. Here's my question: I'm in the assessment where I'm asked to answer a series of questions about three people I admire. I've been stuck on this part for a few WEEKS because I've been reading books from the life purpose course reading list and I haven't yet gotten to a stopping point (i'm reading Flow by Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi right now). My question is, for this section, can I stick to a thorough internet search for my subjects instead of reading entire books about them? The impression I got from the guide video was that I was to do my best going in depth on my subjects and generating meaningful answers, which I'm happy to do, but I've got so many books sitting on my nightstand and on my bookshelf that I'm feeling buried. At this point my progress is crawling.

Do I suspend my other readings for the moment and focus on the people I admire section or do I just do the best I can with an internet search and move on?

I'm really not trying to half- ass this thing. If you could see my notes from my book journal and my life purpose course journal, that would prove it. However, I'm taking a placement test for college tomorrow (college is a big part of my life purpose) and I'd like to get my first pass of this course banged out so I can get my strategy in order and start kicking SOME FUCKIN' ASS.

Life Purpose Course people and @Leo Gura let me know what you think.

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

@ULFBERHT Yeah, don't get stuck on any one part for WEEKS. Skip and keep going. You can circle back around to it later.

Your priority should be on completing the bulk of the course versus doing everything perfectly.

If you finish the course even at 80% of stuff done, that's still a huge net win for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you @ULFBERHT , I'm having the same problem lately. @Leo Gura When I do the course, there are few exercises which I've done but I feel it's not right, not "click" as much as others and I want to come back for them in the future so when should I come back for them?

'

@Thinh I'm planning on doing sections of the course every year or so to stay on track. As far as answering the questions genuinely, it's sometimes hard to pin down with 100% accuracy things like values or personal strengths. There are going to be some categories that overlap. Just do the best you can in the moment, identify any negative motivations that may effect your outcomes, and let our intuition guide you. When you start doing the science and experimenting in the real world, it's really going to help pare down any fluff or doubt you might have had doing the course. Don't worry so much about getting every little detail right. Establish a vision, start moving toward it, and adjust as obstacles arise.

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

Thank you @ULFBERHT , since I'm a perfectionist, it really bothered me when I did some exercises, especially my values. I think that because the lacking of life experience.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:28 PM, Thinh said:

Thank you @ULFBERHT , since I'm a perfectionist, it really bothered me when I did some exercises, especially my values. I think that because the lacking of life experience.

What made the Life Purpose Course the hardest for me was probably the doubt about my values as well. I spent the previous few months looking at a lot of Leo's videos, and content from certain self-actualization books, stuff from Adyashanti, Eckart Tolle, and some info from dating-related videos and RedPill mentality. I kind of overloaded my brain with a lot of theory, and it was hard to figure out what my "default" values were anymore. I based my listing on my experiences, but probably wound up with some values and strengths that seem appealing, based on what Leo has discussed and what I want to master in life. So, it's not a bad thing, but I might've picked a few weaknesses as strengths.

An example: With friends I think I'm spontaneous and funny, but in general I'm also pretty shy and have become a bit of a hardass lately, when I used to not really take anything too seriously. So, Spontaneity is one of my top values, and something I'm working on. Also, "Fun" is a top value, but it could just as easily be an egoic need for distractions. Love/Romance/Intimacy is a top value but I've only experienced it through friendship. Wisdom is something on my list I'm aiming for, because I know I need a lot more experience applying all this self-actualization theory.

Still, even having a list of values and strengths linked to my own experiences helps to narrow things down, and over time they could become better identified as "my own values" through what I create, and through referring to my Top Values list each day.

Edited by Vladz0r

@Vladz0r It takes several years to really hone in on your values. You don't need to get them perfect. Just do the best you can for now, and then re-evaluate them at least once a year as you get to work implementing your life purpose. Clarity will come as you grow and do work.

This course is a launching point. All of this stuff has to be implemented and practiced.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Is it possible to share this course with a friend?

Focus on the solution, not the problem