Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TripleFly

Ashwagandha very good for anxiety

2 posts in this topic

Hey, just wanted to report

26, m, 183cm(6feet), 78kg(171 pounds~) 

Have general anxiety and depression.

Ashwagandha concentrated as KSM66, 600MG with 200mgL-theanine.

They say for some it takes weeks to feel since it builds up in your system. Well I took it the first time ever today and I must say I felt it, and others felt it too. I didn't even notice anything until my Mom told me that I am too calm. At that point I tried to reflect but I didn't feel anything strange, a little less full but I used to not having thoughts go through me all the time.

An hour or two later and I notice I am just more stoic. More not giving a fuck, much more relaxed. My body feels warm inside, kind of a soothing. I know ashwagandha suppress cortisol the stress hormone, so that was definitely felt. I also started noticing that I was much less emotional, I didn't feel this way or another, just nothing.

I red about it a little and it said that it helps testosterone and muscle growth, so I went to lift weights. And yeah that was really fun! so fun, I was dancing!!  I haven't danced for months, so it really uplifted my depression right there :)

When I finished training I layed down immidiately and just chilled, my breath slowed, I lost sensation of my the room and was just feeling my body. Introspectively trying to see where this is taking me now. I was toying with anxiety since I felt really calm. I noticed an anxious madness within me. I stayed with it. Things begun to become more and more trippy. I was just losing consciousness around my body and just staying with this feeling of maddness that was slowly consuming me xD

Anyway I took a breath, and got up. I was groggy and didn't feel like doing anything. Not miserable. I was interested ;) ...

Not much happened after that I think it faded. I am still calm, there's much less anxiety so that' after effects I guess.

Overall?!

Very surprising for something that is natural?! I would expect a commercial pill to give me this sort of effect. But this is exactly what I was looking for- a band aid. My anxiety is crippling so this gives me a break.

I was thinking about taking twice the amount before I took it, since I underestimated it. Thank god I didn't since that was more powerful than I wanted.

I think I'll stick to half a pill  and maybe another half later.

Would I recommend?

Not for everyone... The downside ashwagandha is something called 'anhedonic ', it means emotional numbness, sort of apathy- disassociation. I have a bit of self knowledge so that will help me navigate that. But I think it's very worth your time.

It's similar to CBD or weed, but much less psychoactive, and not depressing at all. Weed is more a downer on me, but this didn't give me any down.  

disclaimer- I took it only once. 

I want to continue trying it :) Hopefully it will help me stabilize.

Edited by TripleFly

it is pretty good, almost like a benzo

I've read online from a guy who used it everyday for years

So i tried to take it everyday but after two weeks i built a tolerance and it kind of stopped working