Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wind

How Many Projects Should I Keep On My Mind?

2 posts in this topic

Just watched new Leo's video on Pre-mortem and it's perfect as I'm starting my business which is going to be my main focus this year, my ONE thing.

However, there's a lot of other habits and little projects that I want to focus on to make things more interesting and develop in different areas of life simultaneously. And I know that focusing on different projects, even though they are small, could overwhelm.

So my #1 questions is, should I

a) have ONE main project (e.g. business) and other small projects on top of that kinda spread throughout the year (e.g. learning handstand, reading book a month, dating once a week, graduating college course with an A, completing Life Purpose Course, organizing/decluttering documents,, etc.)?

b) or have ONE main project (e.g. business) and then look at other smaller projects, not as projects, but simply as either additional goals or maintaining actions?

c) or have ONE main project (e.g. business) which is in the area of finances/career, and then simply trying to maintain other areas (social/relationships, health, education) as they are without focusing on improving them, however, trusting that by focusing on ONE main project, they gonna improve by itself?

d) or have ONE main and big project in one area (finances) and then have one small project for each other area (like social/relationships, health, education)?

#2 What's the good way to think about projects and reconcile them with goals?

#3 @Leo Gura what do you think is good amount of project to focus per year? And is it good idea to have ONE main project and have other small for-fun projects that you kinda spread over the year? How many projects do you keep in your brain bandwidth?

Edited by Wind

You're gonna want to strategically shift focus between things depending on your exact situation.

If you're undertaking a BIG endeavor like starting a business, or learning pickup, or developing your life purpose, or starting a family, or enlightenment -- you're gonna want to focus on it rather obsessively and exclusively for some significant length of time: anywhere from 6 months to several years. This means ONE thing.

Of course you can still have minor projects and habits that you're building alongside your ONE big thing.

Learning how to find the exact right balance is one of the KEYS to all success. A rigid, black-and-white thinking mind is not capable of this. Which is why its rare to see a highly successful, well-rounded human being.

Don't think of balance as a static state. Think of it as a dynamic thing. Your focus will shift throughout your life, as you finish one chapter and start another.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.