Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Debil

Scientific Perspective Of Awakening

5 posts in this topic

Most of you probably heard about David Hawkings or even read his book, Power vs. Force, he's a MD PhD that has awakened somewhere mid life.

Since he's coming from an academic background, he has a scientific interpretation to this experience and good explanations to consciousness and the process raising it. 

Whatttt... I wrote a big response here, was there a database rollback or something?

In essence, after reading Power vs. Force I realized many problems with the writer's methods, particularly the muscle test which he uses to determine "truths" and calls "scientific". It's not consistent and surprisingly works only for him.

Plus he uses a lot of scientific terms, but in the wrong context sometimes without any real basis. His lawyers uses force (lol, he preaches to use power) to take down any mentions of such criticism on the web through lawsuit threats.

If you get to listen or read his material, be careful with what you absorb. 

Scientists might be having a little bit more of a hard time in than others general with awakening perhaps because of the strong indoctrination of the ego that has to figure something out, and when it gets it it's a good boy.

Well, turns out there's nothing to get because thoughts and concepts are just thought and always belong to that imagined self, the real you can only be. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Scientists might be having a little bit more of a hard time in than others general with awakening perhaps because of the strong indoctrination of the ego that has to figure something out, and when it gets it it's a good boy.

Well, turns out there's nothing to get because thoughts and concepts are just thought and always belong to that imagined self, the real you can only be. 

same could be said about people who search for enlightenment

On 1/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, Debil said:

Whatttt... I wrote a big response here, was there a database rollback or something?

In essence, after reading Power vs. Force I realized many problems with the writer's methods, particularly the muscle test which he uses to determine "truths" and calls "scientific". It's not consistent and surprisingly works only for him.

If you get to listen or read his material, be careful with what you absorb. 

Yeah, unfortunately there was a rollback during the update. 

To be fair, let's look at what Kinesiology is really proposing here: that one can use muscle testing to find out any answer to anything in the universe, ever. Is this not divination? 

I think you said in the post before it was wiped that it's very contested within the scientific community. I haven't looked for myself but I'd say that's likely inarguable. Let's just propose for a moment, that what Doc Hawkins is proposing was true - do you think that the community would be able to accept it? That they could even see such a thing? He later amended that the practice only works for those who believe in God. Strange, to say the least, but again, not the kind of stuff that could ever make honest rounds in circles of the empirically minded, even if it was true.

I would not say it is the case that the method works only for him... perhaps it did not work for you. There are many people who attest to kinesiology, and various similar practices, but naturally, who has confirmed such things in scientific establishments? I personally think the central mechanism works no different to tarot or iching. 

Frederick Dodson, author of Levels of Energy, said in his book that he personally suspects that David Hawkins didn't even use kinesiology for his own personal practice and when writing his books, as may have been implied - but rather used an even closer mechanism, by determining truth via internal energetic system and registering truth against the solar plexus chakra (if memory serves correct) and feeling whether it is blocked, or open, to determine truth.

As for the stuff with his lawyers, well, lawyers and publishers don't always necessarily represent the closest interest and intentions of the author, but who knows.