VeganAwake

Suffering for Enlightenment (FOMO) Feeling Inadequate ?

6 posts in this topic

The fear of missing out (FOMO) on enlightenment & feelings of inadequacy or lack during the search are probably the two biggest contributors to stress and or suffering on the so-called spiritual path.

Let's investigate.

Do you remember asking to be born?

Do you remember asking to be raised by your parents or guardians and within the culture you were brought up in?

Do you remember asking to be subjected to physical or psychological trauma or abuse?

Do you remember asking for any of the apparent qualities (physical/psychological) that seem to make up this character called ME?

No, this apparent ME did not choose to be itself.

Enlightenment is & isn't what you think.

It doesn't complete someone or reveal the missing link.

No, it's way more radical and off-the-chart than that.

It's the shocking revelation that there never was an individual to be complete or incomplete in the first place and nothing was ever missing (yes it throws the baby out with the bathwater)

See the apparent individual could be described as a product OF or identification AS its cultural conditioning & inherited genetic makeup.

For example a person raised in rural China will SEEM to be completely different than a person raised in Brooklyn New York.

But these apparent cultural differences do not equal REAL separate people....there isn't like a real unconditioned or unaffected ME underneath these apparent physical and cultural differences.

The differences are trivial or perspectival at best... and when they are broken down all the way sort of speak there just isn't ANYONE THERE ?

Welcome to the empty fullness which was never anything or anywhere other than THIS HERE!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The post seems all over the place.

Enlightenment begins with a desire.

Desire is fundamental to this path, transcending your desires only happens after using them to get you to God realization.

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

The post seems all over the place.

Yeah it's funny how things make sense in your head and then when you post it you realize it is all over the place.

Kind of works out because I'm an all over the place kind of nobody ? 

Thanks for the feedback ❤ 

7 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@VeganAwake Helped me.

May we spiritually bypass our dissapointing lifestyles for the benefit of all sentient beings ????

Well there isn't a real you or a me to be helped or disappointed. 

Spiritual bypassing implies that there is a real individual that could choose to take a so-called right or wrong path in life.

All which seem to occur within the dream story of separation and the exact misunderstanding that this post attempts to illuminate. 

❤