Kay100

Are most smart or successful people arrogant?

24 posts in this topic

There seems to be more of the arrogant types because those are the loudest lol

Most socially-accepted people are, without a doubt, arrogant. It doesn't necessarily have to be related to intelligence or success per se. It can be anything. Like wealthy people from inheritance, good-looking people, basically anything that makes a human feel more special than the ones around him/her. Even spiritually advanced people can be arrogant, and are most of the times stuck in their spiritual ego. I know because I am one.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Gesundheit2 yeah I think you are right about that there could be various reasons for people to be arrogant. But I don’t understand what you mean by “most socially accepted people are arrogant”. Does arrogance make someone more socially acceptable? I thought it should be the opposite? Most people don’t like to have arrogant people around them, so that makes the arrogant people less likely to be socially accepted right?

1 hour ago, Kay100 said:

@Gesundheit2 yeah I think you are right about that there could be various reasons for people to be arrogant. But I don’t understand what you mean by “most socially accepted people are arrogant”. Does arrogance make someone more socially acceptable? I thought it should be the opposite?

You're right. It is the opposite. That's what I meant. People who are socially accepted become arrogant because of the leverage and approval they get. You need to have something to brag and be arrogant about.

1 hour ago, Kay100 said:

Most people don’t like to have arrogant people around them, so that makes the arrogant people less likely to be socially accepted right?

Here, it becomes a little bit trickier. Since arrogant people tend to hold social power, they tend to attract more power and leverage. So, automatically, people start to gravitate towards their power and leverage, regardless of their arrogance, because for most people, survival is more important than self-respect. It's more nuanced than that, but it's hard to articulate.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)