Spideymon77

Morning and Nightly Meditation

3 posts in this topic

Hello! This journal is for cataloging my morning and nightly meditation sessions. These sessions will vary in length depending on how I feel that day. I'm hoping to meditate for a full 30 minutes and even a full hour one day! To start, I'll talk about my meditation sessions for 10/29/2021.

10/29/2021

Morning Session: I did a timer session on Medito. The timer was for 20 minutes. I got too restless and ended up stopping at 15 minutes. I did feel like this was still a good session. Gonna need more practice before I go on for longer. I did this session with my eyes open. No insights.

Night Session: I did the meditation session on Leo's video titled; 'Guided Meditation - The Next Level Of Meditation.' I was interrupted and ended up only doing 15 minutes. I was so annoyed by the interruption I took a break before doing another session without interruptions. I ended up finishing the video after the interruption. I did this session with my eyes closed. No insights.

2nd Night Session: I was scared to be interrupted again so I did a timer on Medito for 15 minutes. I ended up only doing 12 minutes because I felt that was all that was needed for this session. I did this session with my eyes open. My insight was that I realized I'm thinking about my ex a lot because I'm going through withdrawals similar to an addiction. I already did the right thing and have stopped communicating with her I just need these thoughts to pass. I also realized that I need to tell my friend just how badly he hurt me and how bad the delusions got because of him. I'll give you guys an update on that when I can.

I guess this was a good day for meditating despite the interruptions and the bails. I had one session which helped me deal with a lot of negativity and the others were nice and calming. I need to lower my session times for sure since I'm trying too hard to force myself to sit for longer then I actually can. I guess I'm too used to guided meditations. Will do a 10 minute session and watch Leo's video WITHOUT interruptions tomorrow!

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool

The day after the 29th, I meditated and realized I was too busy looking for pleasure 100% of the time. I decided to take a break from the forum because of this.

The days after this, I was hit with an extremely low mood. I didn't want to even write on the forum or meditate at all. I'll post about today and try my hardest to continue to post despite this mood.

11/2/2021

Morning Session: This morning I meditated for an undetermined amount of time. I did the letting go meditation where I just sit in the present moment. I did this session with my eyes closed. No insights.

So it has been a full month with very little meditation. I have a hard time keeping track but I won't give up! I realized through trial and error that I go really deep into meditation when it's guided. I'm also getting really confused about if my own actions and feelings on situations are good or bad. I have a hard time figuring out what's up and what's down.