Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omar30

considering university course change

3 posts in this topic

I want advice for changing my degree from business to psychology I am in my second year right now.

is it worth changing after 2 years, should I finish college at all?

I can figure out a way to make a living without a degree?

I am 21 years old. 

Probably better to finish college. Unless you have such a good business already that you need to leave college to do that full time. College is a good thing.

if you switch to psychology, be prepared to learn about statistics, research methods and have it focused around that. University Psychology will not teach you self-help, not much practical psychology, no spirituality, really it will be not at all like the things you learn about in Actualized.org.

I would recommend, whatever you do, that you have a solid skill set that you can market to employers when you graduate.

graduating thinking “I will make myself a business when I get out, no problem” is not a good move, unless you’ve already started multiple successful businesses and can bank on your skill.

private practices, such as coaching are also businesses, of course.

stem fields or other fields with practical employable  skills upon graduation, like finanace or something are good because you can get a job (especially if you do summer internships) and don’t have to start from scratch.

it’s only too late to switch if it’s actually too late to switch based on what your academic advisor says. Some people do an extra semester, it’s not uncommon.

don’t get too caught up on fighting wage slavery. Negative motivation is not good for much. The way out of wage slavery is to earn your way out and that is easier when you have money. If you plan on being a vagabond, you’d better be enlightened af because otherwise that will get old fast.

build marketable skills. At this point, just choose something you would like to do, it doesn’t need to be perfect, just something you would be good at, uses your strengths. Take a strengthsfinder test.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

One thing I want to add is that it’s good to search around a lot so, regardless of what path you are currently taking, you will keep gaining more experience of what is a best fit for you, which will help you correct your course in the best ways.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com