Roy

PSA for Dating, Relationships, Sexuality Forum

1 post in this topic

It's become quite clear that this section has become of overall lower quality than the rest of the forum.

I've had numerous people reach out to me privately over the past while complaining of this issue - Either that they have been harassed to some degree, called names or stereotyped, or just felt generally uncomfortable enough to want to leave the forum. This is NOT the kind of community we want to foster. That kind of toxicity doesn't belong anywhere, let alone on a self help forum where we are striving (hopefully) to be productive and improve our lives.

Remember! - While YOU may be fine, a lot of people are coming here seeking advice from a vulnerable state, with sensitive personal information. What you say may have a larger impact than surface value, so take time to consider what you're posting and how you want to come off. This might be one of the only places someone feels they can come to for help, do you want to be responsible for scaring them off?

I know it can be hard because this topic can cut deep for a lot of people, I know it certainly does for me. But we've just gotta take a step back, chill out, and help each other. Not everyone is at the same level of understanding, life experience, or they may have a dysfunction of some sort. Try to imagine where they are at even if you haven't been there yourself. Don't quickly react to a post that seems radical or confusing, that might make more sense once you take a moment to do that imagining.

That said, let's all collectively do better. This isn't about this group or that group, or to start a dramatic game of "whataboutisms". I know that everyone here is above that. Just don't call each other names. Don't perpetuate childish stereotypes. Don't attempt to bait people by making gross generalizations. Don't try to trigger reactions with inflammatory statements. And importantly, try to exercise nuance so others don't get caught up wasting time arguing binary talking points, instead of learning or getting help.

This is mostly straightforward stuff, but just know if you are going to be continually stubborn, offensive, or dogmatically post Red Pill talking points or other toxic ideology your posts will be delete and bans of some level will be handed out.

Is clashing ok sometimes? Absolutely! But swallow your pride and take responsibility for when you misstep and apologize, it goes a long way. I know the Men v Women thing can be a tempting fight to get involved in, but after all we kind of need each other to continue the species, so let's do that please xD

That's all I have to say on the matter, and I hope it makes a difference.

Thanks - Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege