CreamPastry

Trying to make a career change...

2 posts in this topic

I work in Japan as an English conversation teacher, and I don't care about money, but the work is slightly demeaning if it weren't for the majority of students' being sweethearts. I ended up in a pretty bad contract deal (one of the worst schools with a crazy manager), so I wanted to try getting into a bootcamp which means it'll minimize my time in comparison to going back to university.

I want to work on front-end web development. I already went to freecodecamp and logged about 100+ hours on html/css/basic javascript. I know I need more knowledge though, and I wanted more guidance, so I looked into shecodes.io. 

Does anyone recommend bootcamps like shecodes?

I was thinking of going for the "Plus React" instead of "Pro" because it seems to me that "Pro" just includes things for: responsive, flexbox, and SEO, but I'm not sure how difficult those things are to learn on your own? It's been a while since I studied from freecodecamp, but I did work on flexbox and have a responsive web certificate from them. (If anyone here knows - feel free to tell me what should be my best course of action?)

I need guidance, it's something I've always needed to motivate me, and so I really want a class and not to self-study. I self-study html/css because I enjoy making webpages, but I'm not there yet with DOM.

3 hours ago, CreamPastry said:

I need guidance, it's something I've always needed to motivate me, and so I really want a class and not to self-study. I self-study html/css because I enjoy making webpages, but I'm not there yet with DOM.

What do you mean by 'I'm not there yet with DOM'?