Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

What's wrong with Kyrsten Sinema?!

5 posts in this topic

Kyrsten Sinema was originally a progressive Democrat, who espoused liberal or progressive values such having a federal including $15 minimum wage, pro-LBGTQ+ rights (she's bisexual), pro-abortion rights, making health care more affordable, lowering prescription drug prices, antiwar, pro-conservation of environment, anti-capitalist.

Yet, overtime she eventually became one of the most Conservative members of Congress (almost as conservative as Manchin). She never even gave the American people enough of a transparent explanation as to why she shift so far to the right. 

According to wikipedia, "In 2017, she voted in line with President Donald Trump's position approximately half the time."

"On March 5, 2021, Sinema voted against an increase of the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, proposed by Senator Bernie Sanders as part of the COVID-19 American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.[147][148] She did so by flashing a thumbs-down as she carried a Lululemon bag containing a cake for Senate staffers. Some commentators compared her demeanor to that of former Arizona senator John McCain, who had voted with a dramatic thumbs-down gesture in 2017; others compared her to former French monarch Marie Antoinette, to whom the phrase "let them eat cake" is attributed." Yet, her fellow junior Democratic US senator, from the very same state, vote FOR the $15 minimum wage!

he's also, made it very clear that she absolutely NOT vote to eliminate the filibuster UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Because she cares so much more about working across the aisle with all of the Republican bastards in Congress than passing seriously needed Democratic legislation for the country,  that's why the For the People Act failed to pass the US Senate, even though a simple of Senators voted for it including all 50 of the Democrats together. That Act would've eliminated widespread partisan gerrymandering, expand voting rights, change campaign finance laws to reduce the influence of money in politics, and create new ethics rules for federal officeholders throughout the entire country! However, like Manchin, Sinema believes that we have more lose than gain by ending the filibuster, even if the Democrats passed the For the People Act.

Because jerks like her, want to keep the "precious filibuster" intact, that's why the bill for creating an Independent Senate Commission for the purpose of having an in-depth investigation on the January 6th Capitol Riot wasn't passed either.

Lately, according to an article from Intelligencer, "Sen. KYRSTEN SINEMA (D-Ariz.) delivered a tough message to President JOE BIDEN at a private meeting Wednesday, we’re told: If the House delays its scheduled Sept. 27 vote on the bipartisan infrastructure plan — or if the vote fails — she won’t be backing a reconciliation bill."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/09/kyrsten-sinema-threatens-infrastructure-bill-biden-build-back-better.html

WTF! How dare she?! Why is she doing this?! 

One last thing I want to mention about her that really really frustrates me so much is her lack of transparency with media and therefore with public. She hardly ever talks much about why she pulls these kinds of asinine shenanigans. At least Manchin is much more upfront with the media and the public about why he does what he does.

She was never progressive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

She was never progressive.

So, she's a pathological liar, huh?

Btw, I accidentally duplicated this thread because I think that the web browser I was using, Safari, when I made this thread, had trouble processing my creation of this thread. I thought that this thread didn't actually get registered in this forum. So, I tried again to create about a half ago with the web browser Google Chrome and I saw that that thread went through. It wasn't until afterward that I realized that this thread here actually went through on this forum as well. Sorry. 

I'd like to have this thread locked and then continue the discussion on the duplicate thread there because that one actually has some edits I made on my on original post on there that I felt were necessary.

Edited by Hardkill

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, she's a pathological liar, huh?

It's more complicated than that.

She's just not conscious of what she's doing. And you're not conscious enough to see she her lack of consciousness.

Your political inexperience has made you a poor judge of character.

Being truly progressive is not merely a matter of rhetoric. Just look at Jimmy Dore. Progressive rhetoric is not real progressiveness. You have to distinguish between genuine progressive consciousness (as a stage of development) vs ideological posturing from lower stages.

It takes enormous integrity to be truly progressive. Which is why the right-wing are less developed than the left. They are incapable of serious intellectual integrity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's more complicated than that.

She's just not conscious of what she's doing. And you're not conscious enough to see she her lack of consciousness.

Your political inexperience has made you a poor judge of character.

Being truly progressive is not merely a matter of rhetoric. Just look at Jimmy Dore. Progressive rhetoric is not real progressiveness. You have to distinguish between genuine progressive consciousness (as a stage of development) vs ideological posturing from lower stages.

It takes enormous integrity to be truly progressive. Which is why the right-wing are less developed than the left. They are incapable of serious intellectual integrity.

So, then why in 2000, did she greatly supported Ralph Nader's presidential campaign and why was she a member of the Green Party?