RJ Rhodes

Psych Ward Frequent Flier

3 posts in this topic

I've been voluntarily detained in a psych ward four times throughout my life.

I keep admitting myself for suicidal thoughts.

I've been admitted once as a child and three times as an adult.

How do I break this cycle?

@RJ Rhodes

It is very difficult to find a man who has not thought at least four times in his life of committing suicide. 

Why do people think of suicide? – for the simple reason that life is ugly and they don’t know how to beautify it, how to make a song out of it. It is just sadness, a long long anguish, a nightmare.

When you are thinking of suicide, that simply says you are thinking that this life that you have lived up to now is not worth living.

But there are possibilities in it which you have not tried yet. I say to you: This life can become a great joy. 

You may have lived a life without love. Why not try love? You may have lived a life obsessed with money. Why not live a life unobsessed with money? You may have lived a life which hankers to possess. Now live a life which is not worried about possessing anything. You may have lived a life of respectability - you may have always been considering what people think about you, what their opinion is. There is a life to live without bothering what others are thinking about you; there is a life to live individually and rebelliously.

There is a life to live which is of adventure and not of social conformity. There is a life of meditation, of God, of search, of going within. You may have lived an outside life, chasing this and chasing that.

I make available to you another life of not chasing anything, but sitting silently, disappearing within your being. A life of interiority.

And you will be surprised - the whole idea of suicide will disappear like dewdrops in the morning sun, and you will stumble upon a life which is eternal.

@RJ Rhodes The fact you voluntarily went in means there's something inside of you that is saying no to death. You have to figure out what that thing is and why it is there. Philosophize about death, deconstruct the notions you have and most importantly: do self-inquiry and get to know yourself.

Just progress.