Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

Star Trek and its Solution to Drummed Up Hatred

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

1st of all i quite rarely open YT videos supposed to make a statement all by themselves;  if a poster won't care enough to explain his own thoughts then why should we bother to even click anyway!

Next, the author banalized/glorified alcohol despite the simple fact that his main target audience was young people including teenagers...  So, considering what we know of such hard (though legal) drug one may want to seriously question his balance of ethics, to begin with.

Worse, even the guy's succession eventually perpetuated an obvious hate of "mind-altering substances" including in ST Ent. when doctor Phlox mentions there's none on board (ref.:  S3/Ep6 "Exile", 2003) - e.g. with an untold/yet implicit exception for alcohol of course, etc.  So i may happen to be among the Star Trek fans myself, the thing is some late "actualisation" on bigot prohibitionism also raised increasingly unavoidable issues, not to mention some odd scenes as when humans on the bridge laughed out their lungs mocking Spock over his differences, right before the generic scroll.  Etc.

Briefly put the moralistic teacher had shortcomings characteristic of his own period & environment, captive of the human condition like anyone else.

Kapla!

Edited by Egzoset