Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ansimuz

Stereogram Meditation

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I,ve been practicing meditation for 5 years now non-stop and one of my most effective ways to calm the mind is using the Tatraka method. Recently I discovered that I can achieve the same result by gazing at Stereogram Images. Its mesmerizing visual 3D illusion catchs the attention of the mind stoping the "Inner commentary ".

Also it's a good analogy for the awakening. Realizing the hidden truth by changing the perspective of the viewer. 

Stereogram images:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/agh/tk-hidden-illusions-thatll-make-your-brain-hurt

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 5.21.53 PM.png

I've looked at lots of those stereograms, as a result i can make my eyes diverge/converge pretty easily. 

I just noticed i get several different results from the stereogram you posted depending on how much the eyes diverge/converge. If i diverge my eyes: One snowman or one skinny snowman with two snowmen standing at the back. If i converge my eyes i get a snowman shaped hole, if i converge them even more, i get several holes shaped like skinny snowmen.

A cool trick i found out by playing with stereograms, is that you can actually use eye divergence to cheat at "spot the differences" -type of games like this:

K41cmBq.jpeg

By converging your eyes enough to make the two pictures overlap with eachother so much that they create a single image, you can instantly see the differences "blinking". I recommend either zooming out your browser or viewing your screen from further away if you try this, makes it much easier.

I also sometimes like to do this with things like two bathroom wall tiles. Any two almost identical objects placed next to eachother horizontally will create a single image when viewed like this. 

Sorry, i got carried away and slightly offtopic :D

Edited by This