Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimeGoat

30/M/USA -- Seeking long-term friendship

1 post in this topic

-=- About me -=-

• I was pro-level at 5+ games, made a living off one of them for a couple of years. I’ve been sober from video games for 1 year now and I never want to touch another competitive game.
  • I used to do parkour and I've bouldered v10.
  • I have severe abandonment, neglect, physical + emotional abuse from my single mom that I'm still working through. I’m on my 30th Healthygamergg
  • ental health coaching session (which has been helping a lot).
  • I’ve been taking personal development pretty seriously for about 7 years. I’m a massive empath. I haven’t eaten meat in 12 years and I love animals. My life purpose is to end as much suffering as I can in this world.
  • I have a GF of 5 years.
  • Dropped out of university with a 4.0 GPA as a comp sci major.
  • I'm currently omega part-time working for the cryptocurrency Cardano(ADA). My current career goal is to start a few youtube channels. My ultimate goal is to contribute to Artificial Super Intelligence research (AI safety).
  • I feel extremely alone in this world. I tend to push people away from me if I don't think they’re worth my time, which has led me to push away pretty much everyone.

-=- Hobbies -=-

• Yoga
  • Rock climbing
  • Backpacking / camping
  • Beatboxing / guitar
  • Personal development / enlightenment seeking / neuroscience / psychedelics

-=- What I need from a friend -=-

• Ideally someone skilled in compassionate listening, mental health coaching, therapisting, or someone who is a rough peer of mine in terms of consciousness.
  • Emotional first aid -- imagine falling off a bike and scraping your knee, what do you do? You clean it up and put a bandaid on it. -- now imagine someone at your job calling you a racist name and spitting in your face, what do you do? You need to treat that emotional wound by processing it and talking to someone you trust and who cares about you.
  • For both of our sakes, the ratio of giver:taker in the relationship I’m aiming for is roughly 1:1 in the long run, anything past 2:1 in either direction might start to become destructive without consent.
  • The most impressive thing you could possibly do is be your authentic self.

-=- What I can offer to a friend -=-

• I will always be authentic and honest with you. I want to invest in someone and build a lasting friendship where we can be there for each other for years or decades to come (in an ideal situation).
  • I’m decent at compassionate listening.
  • I can pretty reliably respond to you within 1 day, barring certain events such as vacations, solo retreats, nature expeditions, etc.
  • I don’t care much for spending time on things that aren’t productive -- movies, games, small talk / shooting-the-shit, etc.

-=- Requirements -=-

• Must be empathic or practiced in compassion.
  • Be honest/authentic with me.

Please respond with some kind of "about me".