Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Range of vision of operation in relation to time

3 posts in this topic

How far into the imagined future and past are you operating from? What kind of information are you holding on to from the imagined past in your present operation (like how many seconds, weeks, years back) and same with how far forward are you imagining as well (Kinda like how different video game characters have different range of vision of the map while playing).

Do you imagine something five minutes out or zero seconds out? Are you considering five seconds back, zero seconds back?

Is anything proactive or is everything just reactive?

Unless something has been explored before and I can see where to take it, it is otherwise new every second and there is no proactive - just reactive.

It is hard to imagine what isn't there if you aren't putting in effort to imagine in the first place.  If the mind keeps switching topics, it can't stay on the same topic long enough to take it far enough.  But one can make a point to keep going back to a certain topic to develop it further.

But then even growth could be seen as just taking something and dividing it in two and keep on dividing to create more diversity and uniqueness.  Divide the "now" into future and past to create diversity from states.

The whole notion of "where do you see yourself in five years?"

I can't even see myself a week from now, or the next five minutes from now.

Sure I could say - oh I have been doing xyz so I may be doing either more of that or that may lead to something else.

Some stuff seems to lead to other stuff with a link, while other times there is just random new stuff that just kinda seems "out of the blue"

Yes we could get a general plan going but we tend to never stick with the plan.  there is deviation when we see that the plan wasn't all that great and then try for something that seems like it could be better with a new plan - and the plan keeps on changing/evolving.

One could either A - come up with a plan and then see where it goes and deviate or B - never come up with a plan but then may never go anywhere very far - but yet will still go places but it will just bump around more.  Both can be helpful.

It can be dangerous to make too solid of a plan as that then closes off options for everything that isn't part of the plan.

Example - plan to make all A's and do whatever it takes to get the grades but then not developing other parts and fail horribly in those

Example - plan to be super into Christianity and spend all time in that but then lose out on if that is even something that should be pursued in first place or what else there is and have to look at other stuff and not just one thing

There is so much to look at and not enough time to look at everything - the futility of, I as the person in this body will never be able to learn everything and stuff will be learned by other me's that I myself would have never come up with in my present form