Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Albert Roiterstein

Why Not To Label An Experience As Bad

2 posts in this topic

Although it may be uncomfortable and painful going through a situation, every experience will turn to be a blessing if you don't label it as bad, because you will be able to find lessons in that experience.

Edited by Albert Roiterstein

It is actually incredible. This has been such a profound shift in my character. As an example, I accidentally seared my hand on the grill inside an oven for a couple of seconds. The burn was really bad. But I was just laughing. I was intrigued by the smell, and the sensations. It was just another sensation in my awareness, no different from an orgasim. I ended up laughing about it for like 5 minutes. My roommate thought i was going crazy haha. He was like that is the best way I have seen someone take a burn.

Now take that and apply it to your emotional feelings and sensations. Negative feelings dont exist anymore. Although I do find it harder as my ego is more attached to my emotions. It feels more 'real' and important when experiencing 'negative' feelings. Like its something I need to take seriously