Intraplanetary

Shadow Work

2 posts in this topic

Hey, need your thoughts

when I stop escaping by using an unhealthy coping behaviour, I experience emotional emptiness. I mostly feel this void in my chest.

This emptiness is not spiritual emptiness nor it is sad, it just a feeling of nothing. like it's empty and very still, and I don't know how to feel about it. I'm used to experience a whole spectrum of emotions from very low to very high; and this emptiness is not even on Sedona emotional chart and I don't have any reference for it.  it's quite foreign, uncomfortable and lonely but at the same time I crave to sit with that emptiness and get to know it more because it feels true.

Is this emptiness a SHADOW? or is a shadow my ego side which runs away from this emptiness? 

Is this emptiness has to be faced and befriended for me to be able to let go and resolve this particular shadow? or there are some other layers to it I cannot see?

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

20 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

I crave to sit with that emptiness and get to know it more because it feels true.

I'd recommend doing this. 

Shadow, in the psychological sense, is basically anything that you've repressed, denied, or are unconscious of that's operating inside you.  It can be negative aspects of yourself, or even positive aspects of yourself.  

This emptiness you describe doesn't sound the like shadow to me in and of itself.  Though, I can imagine it being possible to have a "shadow relationship" to it, where you're unconscious as to how various parts of yourself are relating to that emptiness.  It could be part of your psychological shadow though.  

Maybe try asking it questions and seeing if anything pops up.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins