StarStruck

Being addicted to systems thinking

2 posts in this topic

Is that a things?

So I have been reading Wilber and his integral theory. I'm a very chaotic person so it really helped me to think straight but I feel like I'm too analytical right now because I'm always looking how something fits into the bigger picture. 

Systems thinking is a great tool but I feel like I have become too dependent on it. Perhaps I should just stick to it and I will outgrow it? Currently I'm busy with fixing my personal issues and integral psychology by Wilber gives a great frame work: especially the psychograph which combines the great nest theory and the four quadrants. 

I integrated the knowledge so much that I don't even have to use my active mind to psycho analyze people or myself: I'm just observing and my mind just uses passive knowledge to analyze. 

For people who are new to systems thinking: I recommend integral theory over spiral dynamics. It encompasses the bigger picture. 

If systems thinking taught me something it is better to move from big picture to small picture than the other way around. In my experience moving from small picture to big picture, makes the small picture recontextualize and I just lose the wisdom. 

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck

I used to be too analytical as well. It's highly useful and makes work more joyful. But if being analytical isn't well-balanced with intuition, it can backfire on you. Combining intuition with analysis is almost like a superpower. They both feed into each other, making each individual tool even more powerful.

Knowledge helps with analysis.

Feeling develops intuition.