RickyFitts

My song for the day

209 posts in this topic

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Tristan12 You're so welcome, glad you liked them! :) Yeah, the VAST song is just beautiful, isn't it? It was shared with me by the same wonderful woman who shared the very first song on this thread with me, funnily enough, which is also an achingly beautiful song (ah man, she had the most amazing taste in music).

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Speaking of which, here's another one she shared with me that I always loved:

Edited by RickyFitts

5 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

@RickyFitts wow, that's really nice!

:)

Ugh, I wish I couldn't relate to that last one so strongly. Why does my heart feel so bad? 

I feel like screaming. Or crying. Or punching something. Fuck everything. I'm so sick of it. :( 

@Tristan12 Cheers mate. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself, and then hating myself for it because I know it's not an attractive quality. I am gradually getting better, I think I'm just scared as much as anything (my inner child's always been a bit of a wreck :$).

@RickyFitts That's completely okay, you can let yourself feel sorry for yourself. Whether it is an attractive quality or not doesn't matter right now considering the state you're in. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. Just try to be there for your inner child:|

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12 Cheers buddy, really appreciate it. ?

I've posted this one before, but oh, I just love it so much...

Edited by RickyFitts

Shadows settle on the place that you left
Our minds are troubled by the emptiness
Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time
From the perfect start to the finish line

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong
The lovers that went wrong

We are the reckless, we are the wild youth
Chasing visions of our futures
One day we'll reveal the truth
That one will die before he gets there

And if you're still bleeding, you're the lucky ones
'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone
We're setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting pictures from a flood that wrecked our home
It was a flood that wrecked this

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it

Well, I've lost it all, I'm just a silhouette
I'm a lifeless face that you'll soon forget
My eyes are damp from the words you left
Ringing in my head, when you broke my chest
Ringing in my head, when you broke my chest

And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone
Setting fire to our insides for fun
To distract our hearts from ever missing them
But I'm forever missing him

And you caused it
And you caused it
And you caused it