Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AminB501

Insights I had about beliefs, ideologies and group think.

1 post in this topic

I was contemplating why beliefs are what they are and how so me people arrive to absurd beliefs and conspiracies, and i found out primitive people and the polytheists of Greece what they're goods are.

Turns out that most of the goods from the mythic stage or stage purple are related to coping with things that humans can't control.

Gods related water or wind that influenced whether you will grow food, or in it's natural disaster version whether they were going to destroy you food and shelter. On situations of stress people get so depressed that they can't remove the thought from they're minds and they cannot function normally.

The way the mind deals with this is by inventing something, for the purpose of being able to have the mind free again and keep living without being super depressed because of whatever thing may threat you survival. So you imagine something and you can go along enjoying your life again.

By the way I don't really attribute this fenomena to God, I have studied all religion and I already know that the nature of God as a belief comes from mystical experiences, and how reality actually is. But it certainly applies to certain polytheistic beliefs, to almost all ideologies and of course conspiracy theories. They help people get out of a depressed state, characterize with total fixation with what is feared. If we look at a model like David Hawkins scale of consciousness, people move from grief to anger through this method, which is a step up.

So we can empathize more with the suffering from which conspiracies and wrong beliefs emerge.

Let me know what you think, I never share any insight with no one after 3 years of personal development. I was just experimenting.

Edited by AminB501