Logan

Working In A Stage Blue Religious Organization

3 posts in this topic

Starting a plumbing job tomorrow in a new state. I’m definitely going to have to become a chameleon and hide my green/yellow ideologies when I’m at work. I’m going to be working with religious people and Trump supporters so I’m interested to see how I fit in. The plan is to stay neutral or focus on the things I do like about those topics and avoid having to stick out or lie.

Curious if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation and what you learned from it.

38 minutes ago, Logan said:

Starting a plumbing job tomorrow in a new state. I’m definitely going to have to become a chameleon and hide my green/yellow ideologies when I’m at work. I’m going to be working with religious people and Trump supporters so I’m interested to see how I fit in. The plan is to stay neutral or focus on the things I do like about those topics and avoid having to stick out or lie.

Curious if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation and what you learned from it.

This sounds fascinating.

I suggest you just try and listen to them as much as you can.

This could give you some great insight into stage blue.

I feel the same way around my parents / grandparents 

I can´t help myself but to talk about stage green and yellow topics and they just do not understand me at all most of the time.

So i usually try to keep it on a everyday level conversation with them.

I love them and i think it´s funny.

My dad, mom, and grandma, all of them luckily embody a very healthy form of stage blue. Also they are generally not religious, just for clarity.

Hardworking, rules, order, values etc.

So I do not tend to get in any arguments with them, but i´d love to get them into the higher stages somehow haha

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

Yup. I learned to not be too concerned about sharing my ideas and values as I noticed they are not appreciated and often times even pissed on. Same principle works in every social situation.

Although if you can tolerate and conform their stuff, you can gain some trust and respect, that will grant you more room to share your own ideas, if that's what you want.

I don't know what your actual job is like, but from what I've experienced, you can also pretty much avoid the social stuff and just focus on executing your tasks and grinding through the day, in case you can't stomach their toxicity. For a social personality, that's not so easy to do.