Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Should i Avoid Plastic Straws and Cups?

3 posts in this topic

When i buy coffee from a shop they put it in a plastic cup and give you a plastic straw. I've seen from Leo's blog that plastics may cause brain damage. I haven't really researched this issue. Although i try to avoid plastics now as much as i can. But you can't really avoid them too much. There are many food items that are always in plastics.

Should i avoid plastics in general? Or isn't so much of an issue? I don't know how much of plastic do i really absorb from all these items. Maybe the amount is not significant to really affect me.

Edited by SQAAD

The issue with plastic cutlery is only when you use it with hot food. Like a plastic spoon in a hot soup. Personally, I have an ecological issue with plastic cutlery rather than it being a health hazard. Licking a plastic spoon every now and then won't give you dementia don't worry, xenobiotics are a concern but compared to what you'd get from fish or heated food from a plastic bowl, it is minimum. 

If it bothers you throw metal cutlery in your work bag and carry it with you. I do that sometimes although it seems to disturb some people

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

The issue with plastic cutlery is only when you use it with hot food. Like a plastic spoon in a hot soup. Personally, I have an ecological issue with plastic cutlery rather than it being a health hazard. Licking a plastic spoon every now and then won't give you dementia don't worry, xenobiotics are a concern but compared to what you'd get from fish or heated food from a plastic bowl, it is minimum. 

Do you eat fish or do you avoid it all together? 

The coffee i drink inside the plastics is always cold by the way. Sometimes i may buy rice which is in a plastic wrapper and you are supposed to boil it with the wrapper lol. I guess that's a bad idea. 

Edited by SQAAD