Josip

Epilepsy

6 posts in this topic

A I'm a spiritual kind of person and my mom just today had 2 atacks, she is in the hospital now, so I'm asking are there any alternative ways to help her, also i am not 100% sure is epilepsy but it looks like that

The only thing one can do in such situations is to see the Holiness and the Perfection in the loved one. Concentrating only on the vision of PERFECT health. No attention needs to be given to any possible diagnosis. 

See her healthy and vibrant and keep that thought no matter what others tell you or what you hear. 

Good luck ! :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I kinda don't understand what you said. What difference does it make if you spiritual type of person ? If you mother has epilepsy, you should find ways to help her. If she takes some medication, she will be fine. Those medications are not really so bad for you. I have epilepsy and taking meds helped me to not get a seizure. If you are searching for alternative, you may find a lot of research on internet or trying to find someone with similar type of epilepsy as your mother. On top of that, she should have a healthy life.

About being spiritual, i am not consider myself a spiritual person since i know would be just a belief that i took as ''valid.'' I would  just continue to structure other beliefs that will help enforce my self image of being spiritual person. Anyway, in my personal case i took medication for being a 'valid'' answer.

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

When was the epilepsy diagnosed? That is a great series on the topic, if you want to find more about epilepsy 

Just please, please please do not try to take a `holistic` approach to taking medications because epilepsy untreatetd can and will be life threathening. Thanks to modern medicine grand mals are pretty rare.

İ know that doctors put people with hard to treat epilepsy on a ketogenic diet. Not eating any carbs forces your body to switch from burning carbs to burning fat. The liver converts free fatty acids into ketones that the cells and brain can use as an energy source. Somehow this greatly reduces epilepsy attacks. Lots of info about this online...

On ‎22‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 0:49 AM, David1 said:

İ know that doctors put people with hard to treat epilepsy on a ketogenic diet. Not eating any carbs forces your body to switch from burning carbs to burning fat. The liver converts free fatty acids into ketones that the cells and brain can use as an energy source. Somehow this greatly reduces epilepsy attacks. Lots of info about this online...

As a dietician I agree on that.

@Josip Be careful if you search for information. If you're not sure ask a doctor or dietician for advice. You can message me as well if there are specific questions.