Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Cosmic Nutrition

6 posts in this topic

Just bought this book, wondering if anyone else is knowledgable about taoist nutrition. It seems pretty holistic so far. I am thinking it's a great mindset... Working on maintaining health simply through really taking care of your vehicle. It might be a little to harsh on western medicine but, I enjoy it the book so far overall.

I think this holistic approach to health and preventing diseases caused by living out of alignment is pretty interesting.

https://www.amazon.ca/Cosmic-Nutrition-Taoist-Approach-Longevity/dp/1594774706/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=cosmic+nutrition&qid=1628119572&sr=8-1

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Gen Sue Rodriguez

Interesting! Sort of related to the book. I think getting enough sun it healthy. I wouldn't look to it for nutrients other than like, whatever chemical reactions it gives me.

◭"89"

9 hours ago, Gen Sue Rodriguez said:

Some people around the world is practicing this solar therapy and get nutrition. Hira Ratan Maneck and SUNGAZER have been studied by a group of doctors around the world and he didnt eat anything for more than 400 days, practicing sungazing and drinking solarized watter. Interesting experience. Here the scientific report: 

Caution advised with sungazing, solar retinopathy can be a cause of blindness. I don't think any minor benefit (if any) is worth the risk of glaucoma or progressive loss of eyesight. Would be good to at least put some disclaimer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23355595/ - "A young woman presented with a 2-day history of bilateral central scotoma and metamorphopsia following an episode of direct sun-gazing lasting 1-2 min"!!!!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9805443/ - Twenty-six eyes of twenty patients (0.14% incidence) were determined to have macular lesions consistent with solar retinopathy. Visual acuity was 20/25 or better in 100% of the patients and 85% were 20/20. Patients were predominantly men (75%) of middle age (average age, 43 years; SD, 11 years) with a history relevant for solar retinopathy (80%)--consisting of sungazing, 60%; looking at welding light without eye protection, 15%; substance abuse, 15%; and psychiatric condition, 5%. Forty percent had solar lesions in both eyes. Amsler grid testing revealed a defect in only 20%, and macular threshold visual-field testing was normal in all the eyes tested.

Let's say someone takes this advice to heart and go stare at the sun at noon and in 3 months notice their eyesight is deteriorating, what would be your argument? The body is too toxic and acidic so it could not tolerate it? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

30 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Caution advised with sungazing, solar retinopathy can be a cause of blindness. I don't think any minor benefit (if are actually are any) is worth the risk of glaucoma or progressive loss of eyesight. Would be good to at least put some disclaimer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23355595/ - "A young woman presented with a 2-day history of bilateral central scotoma and metamorphopsia following an episode of direct sun-gazing lasting 1-2 min"!!!!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9805443/ - Twenty-six eyes of twenty patients (0.14% incidence) were determined to have macular lesions consistent with solar retinopathy. Visual acuity was 20/25 or better in 100% of the patients and 85% were 20/20. Patients were predominantly men (75%) of middle age (average age, 43 years; SD, 11 years) with a history relevant for solar retinopathy (80%)--consisting of sungazing, 60%; looking at welding light without eye protection, 15%; substance abuse, 15%; and psychiatric condition, 5%. Forty percent had solar lesions in both eyes. Amsler grid testing revealed a defect in only 20%, and macular threshold visual-field testing was normal in all the eyes tested.

Let's say someone takes this advice to heart and go stare at the sun at noon and in 3 months notice their eyesight is deteriorating, what would be your argument? The body is too toxic and acidic so it could not tolerate it? 

Yeah, sounds about right. Lets get this thread back on the book ahaha and taoist nutrition.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Also, most food is actually.. through one lens: sunlight. You don't need to lay in the sun, because food is full of Sun already.That being said, there are benefits of getting healthy amounts of sun and nature. Earthing is good too.

◭"89"

Just to be clear again, this book has nothing to do with Sun gazing..

I've been reading deeper into the Book here Cosmic Nutrition. From what I can read so far I think this thing is a bible for superb health. They really paint a strong picture of what health looks like and how it's achieved. It lines up perfectly with my studies over the past 5 years. Highly recommend it if you are looking on developing to super human potential. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"