Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

An inspiring stranger

3 posts in this topic

Today during my street interviews, I met a nice guy in a café, very inspiring.

He was really authentic, natural, we talked a little bit about philosophy.
He explained to me that his "ego" was a bit in the background and that he lived reality like that most of the time. That he still felt negative emotions sometimes but that he managed them well and understood them and that after 1 hour, he already knew how to forgive a person and he had no more negative emotions.

I really felt that he didn't care what people thought about him and that he was himself in a very natural and spontaneous way.
He inspired me and that's where I want to go. He gave me his number and I hope that I'll meet him and become friend with him because I'm looking for people like him since months... 

Do you have any techniques or tips that could help put the "ego" a little more in the background and being free to be myself without feeling bad ?
Today my day went well but at one point I noticed the "commentator", the "thinker" telling me negative things and I felt bad.
In the way I said goodbye to random people, I looked ankward and I judged myself for that. I used to do this rather unconsciously but today I really felt it and saw that it was wrong and that I didn't have to talk to myself like that anymore and believe in my negative judgments about myself or others.
Why are we doing that with ourselves ? It's harsh, we really believe we need to feel guilt, ashame or not "good enough" and yet it is not true...

@Gabith for me (the organism named Mason Riggle), the notion of a 'thinker' in addition to what my organism is always already doing (thinking, breathing, growing, digesting, etc) is easily dispelled by remembering, and accepting, that no matter what I do, it's always just more 'me being me', which my organism does automatically.   I couldn't 'not be like myself' if I tried, because that's just more 'me being like myself'. 

Notions of 'guilt', 'shame', 'forgiveness', all imply a 'doer' on top of 'what's happening', and this 'doer' doesn't exist.   You don't feel the urge to forgive a volcano for spewing lava on the neighboring village, because you know the volcano is just being a volcano, without any 'locus of attention' called 'volcano' inside the volcano somewhere controlling how it is itself.. who exactly would you forgive??.. the volcano just is itself.. and so are you, and so am I.   

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."