goldpower123

Alcohol & Sobriety - Real Benefits

4 posts in this topic

In recent months I have been severely limiting Alcohol. When I was 2-3 months sober I noticed like real improvements to myself and wellbeing, health, etc.

These are all gradual slow increases the longer I was sober but definitely substantial:
- Increased state of consciousness and awareness
- Increased health and vitality. Sense that like my blood flow is clean and high quality.
- More self confidence and self acceptance, in a neutral way independent from anything external.
- Less negative and destructive tendencies
- Odd mental cravings, sensitive to alcohol smell, and feeling "dry" sometimes.
- Less brain fog, can think more clearly overall on a particular point.
- Feeling more mature and overall a better well rounded person on the inside.
- Thinking about other pursuits in life like thinking about my potential, what's possible for me, trying new things, etc.

I am not demonizing Alcohol and I still drink small amounts sporadically here and there. However..

What's most crazy is that I never even thought about the possibility of having some form of addiction/attachment to Alcohol, 2 years ago I used to be a heavy drinker and drank a lot every week with friends, parties, nights out in town, I deemed Alcohol to be a normal part of life and also seeing everyone else drink, I didn't think about it being bad for me; the real me - as an individual separate from everybody else.

Looking back I was clearly damaging myself, and my entire lifestyle in general at the time - this is one of the examples of how society traps you into doing things that appear to be good for you on the surface -- to fit in, be socially recognized, do what everyone else is doing. It's satisfying to the Ego, but that isn't real, its a construct, and in reality it's only you and your life, and everyone else and their real life.

Last time I got drunk I had a huge break until then. Got 1-2 hours of sleep that night. 3-4 days later I literally remember feeling poisoned, drained on the inside and back to the lowest form of myself like back to who I was 2 years ago. Anxiety, started getting bad dreams, negative thoughts and overall clouded. Anyways this is only my dealings with it recently, thought I would share! Am a lot more careful with this shit now.

Thoughts?

Alcohol is just putting garbage inside the body in order to have relief from mind activities, please lets not sugar coat this toxic substance. Unless used for research or urgent relief from mind, alcohol should not be consumed. It certainly decreases consciousness, causes "brain fog", hurts your sleep and your body organs (including pineal gland), deplete you of vital energy and empties your pocket. I won't be surprised if it oxidases the body and cause accelerated aging, as well as various diseases.

If someone is enjoying alcohol or tobacco, it is only due to being in low consciousness, and being unable to release tension naturally. If anyone is reading this, for your own sake, don't deceive your self that this substances give you any value. Do not mistake temporary relief in your self-contractions for value, you know very well that this 'relief' will come with some cost. 

Additionally, the only reason one will drink alcohol or smoke tobacco is because someone presented it into his/her experience, and instead of relying on intuition and being sensitive to the body, one has put authority on the other's lack of consciousness. One sniff of this stuff is enough to sense this substances as pure toxins. If you offer alcohol or smoke to an animal it will never accept it (unless the animal is fooled because the substance is assimilated in other valuable nutrients which disguise the smell/taste/sight of the toxins). Show me a cat that will accept Vodka, Jin, Whiskey or some other garbage. We use our 'intellect' to suppress instinct and perception to our own demise.

Thanks for the post, it is extremely important. Alcohol and tobacco are widely socially accepted and popular in a stupendously and ridiculous proportion. This is very clear also in light of Leo's latest episode regarding the Social Matrix. If our societies were healthy, it wasn't possible to manufacture and sell this substances on a global scale. This is just mass poisoning. 

Edited by Batman

@mememe I don't underestimate anything. Addictions are form of lack of consciousness, because the addict lacks the ability to see through his addiction and thus be free of it.

11 minutes ago, mememe said:

@Batman don’t underestimate addictions - it’s not just low consciousness. if you want underestimate addictions you are just shaming the addicted. some people are in serious need of help to get away from alcohol or cigarettes.

@goldpower123 wait until you discover all other unhealthy addictions (some of them even not seen as addictions because of herd mentality)

Addictions are critical to know and work on for personal growth and I've found there to be a spiritual element to it. Off topic a bit, and not to complicate this. But in my opinion its like the deepest part of who you are (your Soul) is attached to certain things in this dense realm, keeping you at a lower frequency. Is that why spiritual teachers talk about letting go and attachment so much. Because its literally like letting go of a part of this physical reality if you have no addiction, but you ascend to a higher vibration and life becomes easier/lighter. But there's definitely a spiritual issue that starts with You Yourself.