Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Insight: There is no learning unless we are ABLE to apply in the REAL WORLD

2 posts in this topic

This is what I have wrote in my notes:

You have never truly learnt it until you are able to totally apply it in existence

You may have read mathematical formulas, scientific theories, but you don't know how to apply it, you have not learnt it. You've never gone through the experimental design itself! 

Let's say you are able to apply it in falseness. True learning is when you are able to apply it in existence. So unless the idea or concept cannot be applicable in existence, that idea or concept was never true learning at all. You cannot apply anything in the false world because the false world has no place where an idea or concept can be applied in the first place.

Don't expect to understand something 100% until you know you are able to apply it totally in existence.

So you struggled with science. Yes, you have not applied it in the real world. So do many science students you know. It's good. Apply it in the real world and you will know.

Whatever learning, basketball, computer science, martial arts, relationships, if you are not able to totally apply it in existence, you have never learnt it in the first place.

Hope it helps. 

Intellectual knowledge is not the same as getting your emotional animal (limbic) brain along for the ride, or getting the learning incorporated into daily habits (the subconscious mind) ... a basic premise of personal development and mentioned by Leo in many videos... intellectual knowledge is not substitute for practical experience. :)  The experience and the repetition gets that programming into the part of your brain that is impulsive and acts on habit.

My intellect might have lots of stage yellow "beliefs" while my subconscious still has lots of revenge and anger thoughts from past traumas. Getting through those is the "emotional labor" that Leo talks about.  His video on addictions and his video on how to deal with strong negative emotions, where you just sit there and feel them without letting them control you, while changing your mind about the whole scenerio... takes time, not easy, especially the older you get....

Edited by sholomar