Eternal Unity

Inner Self

1 post in this topic

Hi, friends.
Presented here is a short dialogue I had with my Inner Self.
The techniques with which I communicate with It had been developed across years of Inner work and is still a work in progress.

Greg: What does "absolute perceived reality" mean?

Inner Self: How about I ask you this: are you alive? And if you are alive, can you prove this to me?

Greg: Of course I am alive. Can I prove it? Well, I can try. I am a living, breathing biological being. And I am conscious. I think and I feel and...

Inner Self: Good, good, good. I don't really need proof and we don't really need to have this debate. I merely wanted to show you something. You KNOW that you are alive. It isn't just an idea you have or some theoretical construct. It is your "absolute perceived reality". It is unarguable to you. Now, if I ask you to prove that you are alive, you can go digging around in your mind for thoughts that would explain this or attempt to prove it. You can do so as an intellectual exercise. But it is completely irrelevant and redundant to you because you know it to be true, with everything you are, without even thinking about it. It is the most self evident thing possible. Well, in just such a way it is true for me that all is one. And I am saying this with all the authority of the rather extensive experience of my whole being.

Greg: Doesn't that mean that you are God?

Inner Self: I am ONE with God. But I am very, very far from being ALL of God!

Greg: I begin to get it, thanks. But what is the purpose in having these conversations with me?

Inner Self: I was laying the groundwork. What I want you to understand is that I really, truly, completely perceive every being on earth as being one with me and All That Is. And since I very much love and care for myself, by extension I love and care for every "other" that exists. And so, when I hear a cry of pain it is my desire to see if I may assist in turning that pain into joy. That, in fact, is my purpose here and the purpose of our conversations. I have come into this system of reality because there was a cry of pain. And the reason I heard that cry is because I was meant to answer it. So, I am here. And I am engaged in answering that call. Understanding that I can hold the perspective that every person on this planet is just "another me", let me read back to you what you said your purpose with all this was. You said: "I'm trying to heal myself, trying to love myself, trying to discover who I really am, who God really is and trying to find and fulfil my soul's purpose." Can you see how it is that I am doing exactly the same? If, for me, the Self can be pretty much any person on the planet, then this is what I am trying to do, too. In fact this is what I am doing, have always been doing, will always be doing and have ever done.

Greg: Yes, I can. Because we're one.

Inner Self: I am outside of time. It is only from your perspective that this is really a work in progress. My perspective on that is quite different. This work is both perfect and complete and still a work in progress. And everything else that it could possibly be. That is how it is from outside of time. In the eternal moment of now.

Greg: Okay. But please don't tell me that these conversations of ours are meant to make such a big impact on humanity! I mean I just can't see them reaching far enough to...

Inner Self: Please. Silence your fears and your doubts. These conversations will undoubtedly have great value. Vastly more than you can now imagine. But this is not the work! You will, as we proceed with these conversations, come to understand what the work we are doing really is. These conversations simply act as a sort of an invitation to others to come and co create with us. As the conversations unfold, you will slowly get a better and better idea of what their value is. So, while it is true that these conversations will have profound value for many and will go far further than you now have the ability to imagine, I have to say that this is certainly not "it" for me. The "work" I do is accomplished in ways you have not yet understood. I don't actually have to "do" anything. I simply am here. I accomplish everything I want to accomplish by simply being that which I am.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.