2 Very Important Movies

15 posts in this topic

These 2 movies will change your life! 

IMG_1812.JPG

Edited by Davie

8 hours ago, Davie said:

These 2 movies will change your life! 

IMG_1812.JPG

Into the wild is one of the best films out there if you truly are looking for something more. An absolute masterpiece. I'd say there are plenty more great ones then this though. I will check out peaceful warrior.

This film is like a psychedelic in a sense that it will expand and open your mind to new possibilities. Waking Life is an underrated gem and needs recognition so I'm mentioning it here.

I also think the wachoskis "Cloud Atlas" is another film that needs to be recognized for how good and life changing it is but a lot of people have mixed opinions out this one. You either love it or don't but I think it truly is transcending. If you can get over your biases for certain themes and controversial choices made from the creators then you might see it's one of the important films ever made for humanity.

It's the only film I cry multiple times over with no control whatsoever every time. 

My bad for geeking out but I'd suggest giving these guys just a couple of tries. Films like these require multiple viewings to really appreciate them that's probably why they are so overlooked haha.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Live Life Liam

I forgot to mention "Mr Nobody" also since this film is directly about themes such as enlightenment, the string theory and the illusions of time and existence. It's something special and I think it has one of the best endings in a film. So powerful.

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

This short movie is really really good 

Hahahah this was hilarious but quite deep at the same time.

30 minutes ago, CosmicTrekker said:

Thanks for this OP - was looking for films like these. 

No problem. Please message me or reply on this forum when you have tried them out and what you think about them. I hope they can raise your awareness as they sure did for me :)

@Live Life Liam I couldn't get into Walking Life. I am actually watching cloud atlas right now. It's ok but way too confusing, there's just too many people in one movie.  Peaceful Warrior is amazing, it is the best movie there is in my opinion. The book is even better! Also, I actually found into the wild through your movie topic so thank you fir that as it's really good.

Edited by Davie

53 minutes ago, Davie said:

@Live Life Liam I couldn't get into Walking Life. I am actually watching cloud atlas right now. It's ok but way too confusing, there's just too many people in one movie.  Peaceful Warrior is amazing, it is the best movie there is in my opinion. The book is even better! Also, I actually found into the wild through your movie topic so thank you fir that as it's really good.

Waking Life is not really a film for entertainment really. That's why I say it resembles a psychedelic as it is a good self inquiry movie. I understand why you don't though it's not for everyone. 

A lot of movie goer's say that about Cloud Atlas. I just adore the epic scope and daring ambition of the film. It waslike a once in a life time experience for me first watching. There is a reason for every creative choice in the film which is why it needs multiple viewings to appreciate. First time I watched it wasn't as powerful as the times afterward. I guess I was more matured the second time around also and everything made sense. The characters are actually very few if you look at it in a certain way though and I think what the film did to me won't be the same for everyone. The actors play different roles in the same film for lots of very important reasons and not just because they are linked via past life. the point of the film isn't even about that but the creators use that theme to convey a universal message of freedom, love, truth, enlightenment and the karmic cycle of reality. Also it can help awaken us to how all our lives and choices are connected to each other with can remove our illusion of separation. As it went by I started to see the connectedness of it then started to see it in every day life it was unbelievable. It was my mini ego death through a movie (I know crazy). Same thing happened with the rest of my favourites. Remember it's not meant to be a conventional film. That is what makes it brilliant is how unique it is.

As you can tell that I love art like film ;) brinks out my inner geek.

Also I love my mind being fucked when watching movies and not everyone likes that they just want entertainment. I like to solve a puzzle so these ambiguous films are my thing.

No problem I'm just passionate to get these films around because they truly can change lives. I believe art can do that especially quality ones like on this list. We don't really get many concious films so I respect them all. 

Yeah peaceful warrior might be one I check out.

Edited by Live Life Liam

@Live Life Liam in that case, I will watch cloud atlas again. I will also read the book as it should go into more detail. Yeah I agree, most films are purely entertainment for the egoic mind. It's a shame, people like to say TV, movies, video games etc are bad - but there are some gems, in terms of video games, journey is one of them. Not all entertainment are time wasters, it's just most are. Which is why your topic was awesome. Hopefully I can find more movies that change the way I think and believe. P.s: I subbed to your channel. 

12 hours ago, Davie said:

@Live Life Liam in that case, I will watch cloud atlas again. I will also read the book as it should go into more detail. Yeah I agree, most films are purely entertainment for the egoic mind. It's a shame, people like to say TV, movies, video games etc are bad - but there are some gems, in terms of video games, journey is one of them. Not all entertainment are time wasters, it's just most are. Which is why your topic was awesome. Hopefully I can find more movies that change the way I think and believe. P.s: I subbed to your channel. 

Yes the book is what can help you understand the film way more. I've noticed people can enjoy it more after reading it. 

It's such a shame which it why high concious artists and the art itself is so appreciated in my eyes. By the way I have seen a lot of movies like this and will give you a bigger list. What I put on the topic I made was just a little taste so people understood what I meant.

Before I give you the new list just would recommend you checking out all the stuff I mentioned such as American Beauty, The Truman Show, Donnie Darko, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Her. They are truly special spiritual films and will help you out to open your mind.

• The life of pi (this film has themes of enlightenment, nature and survival)
  • The Shawshank Redemption (so inspiring) (might change your life) (a prison film)
  • The green mile (same as Shawshank)
  • Forest Gump (you have probably seen it but it does have great messages on how to live your life)
  • About Time (this one is special) (it seems like a simple romance time travel comedy at first but turns into a film about life, death, happiness and how to live life well) 
  • V for vendetta (you can learn about freedom, rebellion and to live by your own rules, seeing the trap of society) 
  • The Fountain (death, enlightenment, getting over the search for immortality(
  • My Nobody (this is a mind fuck but absolutely brilliant) (best film about enlightenment)
  • Fight Club (a popular one but very good) (break free from the rat race) (same as v for vendetta)
  • Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring (this one is unique and about a Buddhist monk throughout his life) (so brilliant)

• The Matrix (of course) 

• The little prince (animated gen with great philosophys) (not seen this yet but my girlfriend says its great)

• Spirited Away (anime film) (has deep philosophys) (the trailer isn't good so dont bother judging on that though)

• Groundhog day 

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/11/18/10-movies-that-could-change-your-understanding-of-life/

Also maybe inception but don't get lost in its action. If you can get passed that it's a more entertaining way to learn about dreams and life like what "waking life" is trying to ask.

The list goes on of course but each of these films are so different in style and some are more conventional then the others but they all give important messages.

How people should really watch films it's try get insights from them to implement in daily life. That's why I love all of them that give a message even if it's not about enlightenment. Embrace them all I'm sure you will learn from them.

Thanks for the sub and hope you enjoy the future videos. It would be great if you left a comment whenever it suits you :)

Edited by Live Life Liam

Also a film called "They Live" it shares similar messages to fight club and into the wild about consumerism and the state our society. Don't take the aliens too seriously though but it's old 80s cheese fest but it has something unique to say.

I'd recommend fight club though a lot! We need anti consumerist films haha.

Edited by Live Life Liam

Captain Fantastic (pretty new film) is very good and inspiring.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.