Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Why passion may be as important as talent

3 posts in this topic

I've read this quote from one wise mystic. 

"In what world do you think the heavens will be touched by your cunning head? You live by the head, you do things by the head, you talk by the head like a serpent. The heavens do not want your serpent-like demeanor. Live with the heart. Only with a warm heart will you be able to reach the heavens. The heavens open up to your warm heart. The heavens are touched by your totality and warmth. The cold cunning mind will never be able to touch the heavens."

Recently, I've been conflicted between the two ideas whether I should work according to my talents or passions. God and consciousness had always been the highest value for me. I realized from this quote that if I were to live my life for Truth, I would have to live by the heart, and if necessary abandon my talents in order to follow my heart. With a cold calculating mind, even with enough talent, I will not be able to reach the heavens. Who wouldn't like to touch God's heart with their work? With their lives? 

Edited by charlie cho

And you'll find a way to use your talents for that too, eventually

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy right. If the universe puts us in a deserted island, we will not be able to think about "Talent". We will have to live through our instincts.